My entry in a competition
    I.
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5350630&q=hi
    II.
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5350573&q=hi

III. hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...id=5342955&q=h

Re: Castles Of Luxembourg

Hello, Gary

I thought perhaps this was a posting of more from your Castle-inspired music, but it's what I heard and responded to recently, yes? Unless I missed something additional?

But I didn't know before this is for a competition. I wish you all the best on that! I admire the implied intrigue and grandeur you've given the Castles, and it's the human element of history which clearly seems the focus.

I do have one suggestion, and it's the opposite of what I often find myself saying--I think it would be worth the experiment trying a larger reverb, and at a wetter level. With your given theme, this is sounding smaller than it maybe should?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Randy,
    Did you play both links?
    The first was for the 1st & 2nd parts, and the next was for the
    3rd.
    Are you speaking of all 3 movements about more sound? I did notice that the 3rd was rather weak. I continue to work with the 3rd because it isn't clear to me-much less someone else.
    Thanks
    Gary

AH! Duh---No, I only played the 1st link which is what I listened to awhile back. Thanks for steering me right. I'll take a listen to the second link a bit later this morning.

And keep in mind, I was just saying you might want to try more reverb--I didn't mean that the overall sound needed help in some way.

Thanks, Gary

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Well I'm back Much sooner than I expected to be--After saying I'd listen later today, I couldn't stand it--I Had to take a listen right away to what I'd missed before.

OK! Well this is an exciting third movement! What a wonderful contrast to the first movements. I really like all three movements. Perhaps a text edit on your original post will make it more clear about the links--I thought the second one was an alternate link to the whole thing.

AND, Gary---This 3rd movement is completely dry! Sounds like you don't have ANy reverb on it, and the results are highly unnatural--it's impossible to hear instruments in the real world with absolutely no ambience like this.

Now I'm urging you to experiment with reverbs, and then apply the settings you like in the same way to all three sections of this, so they'll all be in the same space. This excellent music will come Alive played in the right space.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Ok Randy, I think I may have it better this time.
    Since I have a few more weeks to work, it will probably significantly change, but I had hoped for some feedback.
    gary

Okay, I'm confused, now, I admit it. Too many castles.
    Does it to me every time... rofl.

See my comments in the other castle, er, thread, that
    is... lol.

Good wishes for success in the competition, Gary!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum