New Features in 3.60
Windows Vista 32
GVI is now compatible with Windows Vista 32 for plug-in operation. Standalone operation is not supported at this time. The full installer must be downloaded. It is not possible to install a pre 3.60 version of GVI onto Vista then apply a patch update.
NOTE: When installing from the downloaded full installer, only the plug-in application will be installed. The checkbox to install the factory content must be manually unchecked. It will be necessary to use normal navigation via the Load menus to access factory content. Factory content will have to be manually copied from the GVI DVDs to the computer’s sample drive.
Windows Vista “Trusted Sites”
When running a file that has been downloaded from the internet, Vista will present an “Internet downloaded file” warning. The GVI installer or patch updater would cause this warning to appear. To suppress this warning:
Windows Vista “User Account Control”
1. Open the Internet Options control panel and click on the Security tab
2. Highlight the Trusted Sites icon and click the Sites button
3. Add www.tascamgiga.com
as a trusted site.
Windows Vista includes security measures to warn the user when an application is about to make a system change, as is common with application installers. Under Vista default settings, the GVI installer will cause a confirmation dialog to be presented. Click “Allow” to install GVI.
The GVI application itself will not present this dialog.
If you wish to disable the User Account Control warning:
1. Open the User Accounts control panelMisc
2. Click on “Turn User Account Control on or off”
3. Click on “Continue” to grant Vista permission to proceed with your request
4. Uncheck the “Use User Account Control” checkbox and click OK then restart
• A Reset All command has been added to the Reset menu. Selecting this reset the entire GVI application (sampler, MIDI controllers, controller slider assignments).
• It is now possible to reset a Round Robin iMIDI sample series back to the beginning for repeatability of the series. There are three methods for this:
1. Reset will occur on program change
2. Reset will occur on instrument select
3. Reset will occur when a note is received that is outside the valid range of the instrument
• There is now a Filter CC Messages buttons in the Stack Properties window for a stacked instrument. This defaults to OFF. Enabling it filters out any CC messages to any inactive stack member instruments.
Maintenance Items in 3.60
• Previously, Release Trigger Tracking was not working correctly, resulting in notes incorrectly sustaining on sample libraries that use Release Trigger Tracking. This has been fixed in 3.60.