• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: At the Lake's Edge

At the Lake's Edge

Hello, I trust everyone's doing well.

I thought I'd drop by and post a new piece I wrote and orchestrated for an upcoming summer concert series.

At the Lake's Edge, 4:30, 8.5Mb

It's a simple, bucolic piece, all GPO. Hope you enjoy it.

Re: At the Lake's Edge

A restful and calming end to a long and difficult day for me, Darwin.

Thank you for this soothing visit to the shores of tranquility...

Best wishes on the forthcoming performance!

My best,

Glad to help make your difficult day a little brighter.

Thanks for listening!

Hello, Darwin

Allow me to say "aaaaah"----I'm sitting in an Adirondack chair gazing out at a peaceful deep blue body of water as twilight approaches. And I don't want to leave.

A touch of Grieg, memories of grand old Western movie scores, a dash of Copland, and I love it all.

Beautiful. Thank you, and congratulations on the up-coming concert.

Randy B.

Randy B,

That's exactly the mood I'm attempting to evoke. Even though this is the stuff of the composer's imagination, for grins I actually went down to a nearby lake around sunset and played this recording to check out if it works or not. The birds seemed to like it!

And you've nailed the influences. There's also a bit of Irish lament in there somewhere.

Thank you for your comments!

Wilton, NH

Nice relaxing piece here. Pretty melodies and very evocative of the great out doors. I can definitely hear the Copland influences. Keep us posted about the concert.
    Trent P. McDonald

These notes help fast to switch off. Very beautiful composition!

Congratulations on the up-coming concert.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I'm not sure what my German friend, Gunny, meant by this, but I'd add more reverb to the mix to blend the releases in a little better.
    Oops, it is friendly meant. Better I say:

"These notes help fast to switch off from a hard day."

Thank you my friend L. J. Ern, you helped me to produce here not a missunderstanding.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

San Jose, Ca, USA

Pretty nice and sweet Melody, it's also cool listening and relaxing!

Thanks for listening! I'll try to remember to revive this thread and let you know how it went. Actually, one of the concerts is right on a lake (which is why I wrote it), so it will be interesting to get the audience reaction and see if it generates any kind of positive Feng Shui. Hope it's a nice day...

Hi Gunther,

Yes, I think we all need help "switching off" at day's end. And it's sometimes nice to start the day relaxed, too. Thanks for the feedback.

You have an excellent sense of place. I currently live in Minnesota, not a native or anything, but I've been here long enough to appreciate the many nice lakes, fer sure, doncha know. Reverb-wise, it's so tough to get it right for everyone, so I'm tending on the dryish side these days. Since I sit in the orchestra, just a little verb sounds more familiar anyway. I like to close my eyes and imagine a nice little, non-nonsense studio orchestra sitting on a mid-sized sound stage playing this stuff. Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks for giving a listen. My melodies to date have been pretty much been functional props, but there's something about this one. I've been humming it at at the oddest times, so maybe there's something there.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast