• Register
  • Help

Topic: Albinoni's Adagio

Albinoni's Adagio

Back again, now to offer you an mp3 of the Adagio by Tommaso Albinoni, with my "ile enchantee" set of instruments in a cathedral environment.

Hope you like it.

Re: Albinoni's Adagio

Hello again, Marin

This is a much more successful recording than the other you've put up today. In fact I found this very satisfying, beautiful. I'm certainly glad the distracting hall noises weren't added this time.

You're a new member, and we all want to welcome you. Please allow me to direct you to this post. It's a permanent message at the top of this Listening Room page:

The guidelines listed there request that we post just one piece at a time. Space is limited on this Forum's front page, and we want to share that space with others the best we can.

It's also always been understood that the purpose of this Listening Room is to share music which has utilized Garritan instruments. I believe you're saying this new post was done with your personally selected collection of Sound Fonts. If there are no Garritan instruments in a recording, it really isn't appropriate to be posting it here.

All of this is intended as friendly advice.

Thanks for being here and sharing your music. And thanks for switching your music site service!

Randy B.

A warm welcome to the forum, Marin!

Very nice interpretation of this widely beloved Albinoni masterpiece.

I might suggest backing off on the reverb quite a bit; but otherwise,
    a pleasure...

Hello Marin,

You are obviously very enthusiastic and appear to really enjoy working with your music.

I have to agree with David (etlux) regarding your over use of reverb.

I also would draw your attention to the comments made by Randy (rbowser). Members are asked to take note of the rules posted as a 'sticky' at the top of the page. These rules concern the number of posts allowed per page.

The Garritan Listening Room is provided for works that include Garritan Libraries. If a work does not include any of Gary's libraries it should not be posted in our Listening Room.

If you follow the rules of our community you will be made very welcome. I and other members of our community would look forward to hearing more of your music provided you are using principally Garritan Libraries.

Gary's libraries also sound really great and will work wonders for your music
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hello again, Marin

I hope we didn't scare you away! This is a nice piece of music you posted--Let's hope more people take the opportunity to listen.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum