• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where is GS LE manual?

Share/Bookmark

Where is GS LE manual?

I have GS LE. I called tech support yesterday with all my quesions that I didn\'t find answers to in the docs I seem to have, and they were helpful, but several times they mentioned that the answers I sought were \'in the manual\'. Things like what does envelope generator 1 map to...

But the location of the manual sure isn\'t obvious to me. I have a help file for GS itself and the tutorial for the editor, both of which are somewhat useful but incomplete.

So could someone point me to the location on the CD of the manual, or confirm that they really didn\'t include an electronic version with LE and they expect you to buy the manual separately. Surprisingly, the guy at tech support wasn\'t sure of the answer to this one.

Thanks!

Re: Where is GS LE manual?

I don\'t know about you, but when I bought GS LE a bound paper manual was included in the box.

I don\'t know about you, but when I bought GS LE a bound paper manual was included in the box.

I was told that I had to order the $30 manual from nemesys. If anyone knows different, I\'d love to know.

Told by who?

Told by tech support at Nemesys

What a disgrace! LE always used to come with the manual.

And how brain dead! From a marketing point of view, LE is an inexpensive way for someone to get an introduction to GS, and them upgrade to the full product. Selling it without documentation is likely to frustrate a new user, giving a bad impression, and is much likely to result in furthers sales.

Go Back to forum