• Register
  • Help

Topic: More Lessons?

Share/Bookmark

More Lessons?

I'm wondering if there are going to be more lessons in this area. I don't see new posts. These lessons (the last one especially) take a lot of time an effort to truely digest. I have learned and enjoyed these lessons greatly. I hope they continue.

Thank You!

Re: More Lessons?

I'm glad you have found these of use. :-)

This series is now complete, Gary and I are considering possible next steps ... It's tricky, because this course did not get nearly as much response as the RK. Not that that is so surprising, but we do want to make sure that the work involved in preparing them is justified by the response.

If you really want to go farther, I can make some suggestions for other kinds of exercises ...

Best wishes,

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by nova.music
    I'm wondering if there are going to be more lessons in this area. I don't see new posts. These lessons (the last one especially) take a lot of time an effort to truely digest. I have learned and enjoyed these lessons greatly. I hope they continue.

Thank You!
    Alan Belkin, composer
    Professor of Composition
    University of Montreal

http://www.musique.umontreal.ca/pers...n/e.index.html (links to examples of my music, as well as my online textbooks)

Hi,

I'd like to add a huge thanks to all those involved in this series and in the RK series. The online RK was a vast improvement on my previous attempts to gather knowledge from just reading the book.

I'd like, however, to put in a vote for this course being even more valuable. I have several other resources discussing orchestration - with and without audio - but this analysis of the process of arriving at a good answer to a specific orchestration problem is simply brilliant.

It's a shame this course hasn't received a more vocal response, but I guess that is down to those who, like me, have been avidly following but haven't had the time to submit comments or musical examples.

Any further suggestions about similar exercises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to Gary, Alan and all the team for all the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by drgroo
    Hi,

I'd like to add a huge thanks to all those involved in this series and in the RK series. The online RK was a vast improvement on my previous attempts to gather knowledge from just reading the book.

I'd like, however, to put in a vote for this course being even more valuable. I have several other resources discussing orchestration - with and without audio - but this analysis of the process of arriving at a good answer to a specific orchestration problem is simply brilliant.

It's a shame this course hasn't received a more vocal response, but I guess that is down to those who, like me, have been avidly following but haven't had the time to submit comments or musical examples.

Any further suggestions about similar exercises would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to Gary, Alan and all the team for all the effort.

I agree fully with the above comments and also would be grateful for suggestions about similar exercises.

Many many thanks to Alan and Gary !!!

Stamak

I'm still slowly slogging my way through RK before I'll get to this one, but I really appreciate the fact that both exist!

Prof Alan Belkin, I enjoyed so much this course...learned a lot of tips about how to improve my orchestration. Actually I tought this course even more useful than RK, for me.

You might be asking yourselves, why this course wasnt so sucessful as RK, I asnwer: "RK was so much divulgated...at garritan.com there were links and articles talking about that". I knew about this course cause I'm always checking foruns here. Maybe that was the point.

Anyway, I hope that more courses come.

Best regards, Renan Fersy.

Go Back to forum