• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Diversions"

Share/Bookmark

"Diversions"

Here is my newly-completed "Diversions".

All of the instruments are GPO and JABB.

Best regards to all,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Diversions"

very nice, Larry, I like the touch of romanticism in this, and the lively finale in 6/8 left me with a happy feeling, bravo!

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob
    very nice, Larry, I like the touch of romanticism in this, and the lively finale in 6/8 left me with a happy feeling, bravo!

Roberto
    Bob,

Haven't heard from you in a long time. I hope that you are doing well.

Thanks for listening to "Diversions". I am happy that you liked it.

Take care,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

hi Larry, I moved to a new house and had no internet connection for about a month. Now I'm almost settled and my connection is up and running, thanks for your kindness

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by oldbob
    hi Larry, I moved to a new house and had no internet connection for about a month. Now I'm almost settled and my connection is up and running, thanks for your kindness

Roberto
    ...and thank you for being a friend. Grazie.

Ciao,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Good morning, Larry

"Diversions" indeed! This is such a delightful listen that I'm letting it loop here as I putter about the studio, picking up the week's build up of clutter. I feel much more motivated to do the task with your elegant composition to divert me.

And--I have to say that this has turned out to be the perfect contrast to the last Listening Room piece I listened to before it. New member Rob has a nicely done, somber piece up under "My First."

ONE TEch note for you, Larry--Towards the end, the Horns had a moment of prominence, and they were Extremely close and dry sounding--as if they were right in front of me, closer than the piano. It's a matter of too little reverb, and maybe their volume being a bit out of proportion.

Thanks, Larry!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Mr. Larry:

Really nice touch here. I still think you should have lived in the 19th century. A lot of your music is created in that genre. Good use of the melody in parts other than the top (soprano).

And, yes, I was diverted.............lol

BRAVO, Larry

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Good morning, Larry

"Diversions" indeed! This is such a delightful listen that I'm letting it loop here as I putter about the studio, picking up the week's build up of clutter. I feel much more motivated to do the task with your elegant composition to divert me.

And--I have to say that this has turned out to be the perfect contrast to the last Listening Room piece I listened to before it. New member Rob has a nicely done, somber piece up under "My First."

ONE TEch note for you, Larry--Towards the end, the Horns had a moment of prominence, and they were Extremely close and dry sounding--as if they were right in front of me, closer than the piano. It's a matter of too little reverb, and maybe their volume being a bit out of proportion.

Thanks, Larry!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thanks for pointing it out concerning the horns. I will check on it.

Thanks,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Hi Mr. Larry:

Really nice touch here. I still think you should have lived in the 19th century. A lot of your music is created in that genre. Good use of the melody in parts other than the top (soprano).

And, yes, I was diverted.............lol

BRAVO, Larry

Jack
    Mr. Jack, Mr. Jack,

What makes you think that I DIDN'T live in the nineteenth century...too?
    I am older than "umm". I am older than "like". I am older than "you know".

Thanky for listenin'.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: "Diversions"

Larry, as always you're supreme! Another one of your excellent peices added to me collection!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast