• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dumb GPO Sibelius Edition Question

Share/Bookmark

Dumb GPO Sibelius Edition Question

OK, quick dumb question. How in blue blazes do I swtich from Tremelo back to arco. I've tried putting the technique in, but it's not working. It's like the tremelo keyswitch has decided to overthrow the rest of them. One Keyswitch to rule them all!!!! Any ideas?

Jonny (Shut off, already) Lost
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Dumb GPO Sibelius Edition Question

you could try writing tremolo instead

does Sibelius have something like HumanPlayback in Finale? where it recognizes the word "ord." as a return to the basic KS?

Jonny,

You can check in the Playback Dictionary, but usually Non. Trem will do it. You can also set upthe dictionary to recognize whatever word you want for whatever effect. You could, for instance, have the word "Ethel" for getting the effect of pizzacato - not that I'd recommend it...
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

out of curiosity, since I don't use Sibelius, does it require the use of a "cancelling" notation for the various string techniques? I can understand having "arco" after a section of "pizz.", which is perfectly normal, but wouldn't the simple fact that notes no longer have the tremolo articulation on them be enough for playback to go back to regular arco?

I can't imagine a section where every second note is played tremolo and having to write non trem. at every other note just to cancel out the tremolo effect.

Jonny,

Are you using the GPO Sibelius Edition? It's a small crossgrade program that allows Sibelius to "talk" to GPO and eliminates the need for keywitches, and C1 messages. If you are, then my post above should help. If not, them it's a keyswitch issue; that question should be posted on the Sib board, for faster response.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Johnny
    I am have the same kind of problem with the piece I am writing now. Only I have a run of 16th notes played Pizz leading up to a whole note I want held..........But Sibelius is playing that Pizz as well....even tho I have placed a top bracket over the pizz notes and place ARCO over the whole note........

You know, it ruins the whole effect..........

Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Cliff,

I'd post this on the Sibelius board - you can even post the passage, allowing others to see what the problem is. It's a little hard to diagnose without seeing the score.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Go Back to forum