• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX EXpander for Prog Rock: Liquid grooves, stark raving beats, Burning grooves, etc?

Share/Bookmark

RMX EXpander for Prog Rock: Liquid grooves, stark raving beats, Burning grooves, etc?

Hello everyone,

I'm a student and dont have much money, so I must unfortunatly decide on only one EXpander for RMX at this time. My brother and I are staring a progressive rock project this sumer (Yes/Genisis influence but modernized). My bro is a great drummer and we have/use DKFH Superior for the kit side of things, but I am looking to expand our pallet to include groove layers, sound effects & elements that we can use to add new flavors/colors. With that being said though, I'm also a film composer and do like the idea of geting great sounding drum/perc tracks done quickly.

So, with this in mind, which RMX expansion would your recommend I purchase? I'm also in the Nortridge area (go to school at CSUN). Are there any local stores that have Stylus RMX & expansion packs loaded on systems to try out?

Thanks everyone for your help and reply!

Re: RMX EXpander for Prog Rock: Liquid grooves, stark raving beats, Burning grooves, etc?

You can try them out at Guitar Center or West LA Music.

Audiomidi is local for you and might be able to demo them for you too.

Sounds like Metamorphosis, Liquid Grooves and Ethno Techno would be good candidates for you.

You might also find NoizBox and Stark Raving Beats interesting too.

Go Back to forum