• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another recommend topic, (help choosing)

Share/Bookmark

Another recommend topic, (help choosing)

im sorry, i have check and searched the forum for about an hour now, but have not come closer to a decision, so im hoping if i can be specific with my sound you can help me.

the choices of software i have are

akousitk piano
    east west pmi bosendorfer 290
    artvista virtual grand piano

which of them above provides the most realism but also the best fit for piano that will mostly be accompanied by many other instruments like strings and guitar and drums.

which one can fit into a mix well with ther instruments but can also give a great emotional effective tone when with limited instruments or simply solo.

i dont want to put ivory ont hat list because of the massive requirements it has (i know akoustik is still big, but nowhere near ivorys requirements)

really hope you can help

thanks

Re: Another recommend topic, (help choosing)

I'd go with Akoustik for the flexibility multiple pianos gives you.

....me too. I would go with Akoustic Piano from the choices given.

I like Akoustik Piano BUT if you have Kontakt 2 then TBO will be my choice. I just heard it at a friends and it was awesome. Trying to resiste the urge to buy it!

All good but there is something special about the ArtVista Virtual Grand.

I also love Sampletekk's Seven Seas Grand.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    All good but there is something special about the ArtVista Virtual Grand.

I also love Sampletekk's Seven Seas Grand.
    I agree, that there is something special with the ArtVista VG. It has some character which many other pianos miss. One disadvantage: It´s pretty difficult to put in a mix though it´s a wonderful SOLO piano.

The PMI Boesendorfer is bright and doesn´t cause any hassle. It fits nice in a mix but it´s not "special". I still use it though as it IS a Boesendorfer.
    If you look for a "bang for the buck" piano, you should try the Sampletekk pianos (e.g. the BlackGrand) as they have a group buy right now. It will be definitely no waste of money.

My current favourite is the Bluethner Digital though. It is well defined, has the best ppp samples out there and the impulse responses make it extremely versatile. It´s rather friendly to your cpu and harddisk (around 4 GB).
    It´s 299$ but it´s well worth the money (if that´s not a major concern for you)

best regards
    Raindog

Go Back to forum