• Register
  • Help

Topic: Greedy Gigastudio Drivers

Share/Bookmark

Greedy Gigastudio Drivers

Every time I boot up my music computer, there's an error message that makes me grit my teeth every single day.

Background---Quite a few months ago, for some dumb reason I decided to re-install the Gigastudio LE program that came with one of my purchases. I had some vague notion of how maybe I'd get some use out of it even though I didn't first time that I tried the software well over a year ago.

It all came back to me, after re-installing this version of Gigastudio--the reasons I'd yanked it out in the first place. It essentially usurps the machine, causing everything else I use to be glitchy and even more prone to crashing. I mean that my Sonar Home Studio and GPO can't seem to co-exist with Giga very comfortably. Why was I bothering with this Giga again when the One sound it comes with is a piano not nearly as good as the Steinway I already have in GPO and the other in JABB? ARGH!

So once again I un-installed Giga---THEN the other main problem I'd previously had with Giga came back to me--it just doesn't want to completely un-install. I'm not sure how I managed to finally get rid of all its components before, but this time, I obviously Haven't yanked it all out--hence the error message.

It says something to the effect of--

"Your system has recovered from a serious error. Would you like to disengage all drivers associated with Giga technology?"

YES pleeeease YES! Every danged time. At the very least this is an annoying message to constantly get--at the worst, something awful could happen? I don't know--I just don't get why I have to put up with this.

Looking through every folder imagineable shows nothing I can recognize as Giga or its drivers.

Does anyone know for sure what this is all about, and if I should worry about it?

I will add that I've seen in various bulletin board posts around the web that Giga has a reputation of really taking over computers, and other people have had the same problem of un-installing it.

For a major company to have software that behaves this way seems very bogus. I've had problems with some free downloads that are also difficult to completely un-install--but I wouldn't expect this kind of problem from a big company like this.

Ideas?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: Greedy Gigastudio Drivers

that stinks. the only things i can say are either it has nothing to do with Giga, but if you're sure that it does you can get some cleaning programs or even do a system restore to a time before Giga ever was on your computer. Good luck, computer problems suck.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Hey there, Keith--Thanks much for the reply.

Well, it definitely has to do with Giga, since the error message specifically refers to Giga drivers.

So far the cleaning utilities I've found online have yielded nothing. Need to try some more I guess!

Oooh man, I did this Giga re-install test So many months ago, maybe before Christmas,--I'd be skeeeered to do a system restore at this point, so much has happened on the computer since then.

Well--I dunno. Hopefully I'll eventually yank the rest of Giga's unwelcome roots outta there!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Randy,

Do a search on this forum and I'm sure you'll find the uninstall directions to completely remove GigaStudio. I've had to do this in the past and I'm pretty sure I've seen the directions on this forum multiple times. If not here, then they should have them on the tascam website.

Jim

Thanks, Jim--Naturally, search the Forums. I for some reason didn't think that would be on here, but I'll take a look both here and at Tascam's site.

Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

This was originally a GigaStudio forum years ago. So you'll find quite a bit of Giga stuff here.

Jim

Hello again, Jim---This Northern Sounds Forum used to be for Giga? Wow, never knew that.

Well! I fixed the problem, thanks to Forum member Tony Hartman. He sent me a PDF file from Tascam's site which outlines the process for un-installing Giga. Worked great--no more error message on boot up, because the Giga drivers are finally completely banished.

WHY, I repeat, WHY would a big company like that make people go through a fairly complicated Manual process of deleting files from all over the computer instead of having that all happen automatically like with most companies' un-install utilities? Seems very rinky-dink to me.

Oh well! This is exactly why you will see people online complaining about how Giga seems to take over their computers like a virus!

Thanks again to all who offered advice, and to Tony for rescuing me.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Randy,

Glad you got it fixed. The manual uninstall process is one of the reasons I no longer use Giga. Plus I could never get Giga 3 to work properly and it kept losing its registration info. This was a common bug which I don't think has ever been fixed.

Jim

I have the saem problem with the giga drivers not being uninstalled after I uninstalled the program many, many times. Can someone please forward the solution to me also; how to completely uninstall the giga drivers that cam ewith gigastudio ensenble? Thank you.

Could someone please send how to completely remove the giga studio drivers from my pc using XP? Thank you

Go Back to forum