• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please help with acoustical problem

Please help with acoustical problem

sponsored links

a friend of mine has been running into acoustical problems with his home-built recording booth. The recorded speaker tracks sound canny, as in this example:

These pictures show how the booth is set up. I suppose that the foam diffuses high frequencies a little but does not really prevent standing bass waves. What exactly should I recommend him that does not cost a fortune?
    A picture of the booth is here (don't let it confuse you, it is three times the same booth from outside in the top row).

Thank you for any ideas.

All your strings belong to me!

Out of my Mind

Re: Please help with acoustical problem

I am totally ignorant in this regard but I think it sounds good in that booth – depending on what you want to record though.
    At first glance it looks like there is too much diffusion in that space…maybe a little bit of overkill with the foam. It may be a matter of strategically placing smaller amounts of foam rather than covering the whole box with it.
    Sometimes the idea of soundproofing and getting a good recording space conflict with each other. Finding a good balance can be difficult if you're trying to do both. (I'm sure you know all this though).
    As I said - I really don't know anything about this stuff, so I'll see if I can hunt someone down to chime in...

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum