• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: WIVI Brass 1 Professional Edition released

Share/Bookmark

WIVI Brass 1 Professional Edition released

WIVI Brass 1 Professional Edition is now available for purchase.

Brass 1 is the first instrument collection in the WIVI series. It contains a full setup of the basic instruments included in an orchestral brass section, although all instruments have been designed to fit non-orchestral settings equally well.

Brass 1 contents

- Trumpets 1, 2, 3 (in Bb)
    No mute, straight mute, cup mute, bucket mute, solotone mute, harmon mute/no stem, harmon mute/stem inserted (wah-wah), harmon mute/stem extended (wah-wah), plunger mute (wah-wah).

- Tenor Trombones 1, 2, 3
    No mute, straight mute, cup mute, bucket mute, harmon mute/no stem, harmon mute/stem inserted (wah-wah), harmon mute/stem extended (wah-wah), plunger mute (wah-wah).

- French Horns 1, 2, 3, 4
    No mute, stopped, straight mute, dynamic stop (wah-wah).

- Tubas 1, 2 (in F)
    No mute, straight mute.

For more info, visit www.wallanderinstruments.com

Re: WIVI Brass 1 Professional Edition released

Quote Originally Posted by Wallander
    WIVI Brass 1 Professional Edition is now available for purchase.
    Congratulations. Best of luck with this endeavor.

"Copyright © 2007-2012 by Wallander Instruments and original authors."

Arne, "Tillbaka till framtiden"?

Any news on a Mac AU Beta?

Best
    Thomas
    We are the musikmakers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasL
    Back to Future?
    -Dani-

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne
    Back to Future?
    Almost spot on!

"Back to the future", I saw the copyright notice on the site, 2007-2012 so my guess is that the Mac version will still take some time...

Best
    Thomas

[EDIT]This is a joke, nothing else...[/EDIT]
    We are the musikmakers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Almost spot on!

"Back to the future", I saw the copyright notice on the site, 2007-2012 so my guess is that the Mac version will still take some time...

Best
    Thomas

[EDIT]This is a joke, nothing else...[/EDIT]
    I used an online Swedish Dictionary. Unfortunately I can't speak Swedish (I'm thankful of being able to speak Spanish )
    -Dani-

"Copyright © 2007-2012 by Wallander Instruments and original authors."

Any news on a Mac AU Beta?

Best
    Thomas
    We were afraid we wouldn't remember to update that when we updated the site. But now that you mention it, maybe that's not a legally advisable way to do it. I'd better look into it.

I thought the demo was sensational, I am very looking forward to reviews of the whole product.

Btw, is it still priced at $600?

Quote Originally Posted by matolen
    I thought the demo was sensational, I am very looking forward to reviews of the whole product.

Btw, is it still priced at $600?
    Yes, and the brass instruments are likely to stay at that price for quite some time, due to the immense content of the professional editition with all the sordinos. But the woodwinds will be a bit cheaper, and in time instrument groups will be sold separately.

First impressions!!!

Okay, just bought it, and downloaded it. As I'm still fooling around with it, here are some first impressions:

-Online payment was smooth and quick, bar a hiccup with my bank, but that had nothing to do with Wallander. As soon as the transaction was through, I was downloading the package within 20 minutes. Very good!
    *Sidenote: the instruments come seperate from the program installer; at this time, it would be easy to also have an option to download a full installer, as there are many seperate instruments. Not a biggie though.

-Installation was smooth and quick, just like the trial installer. Remember to remove it first.
    Because my system has a pretty basic videocard, don't forget to run the wivi settings and set the gfx driver to the right mode (opengl or directx if you have a fancy card, software for lamers like me:P), otherwise the plugin might not show up.

-Plugin starts up in no time, and switching between instruments is easy. So far I've been playing with the Horns, which I love. Very responsive, and I think Horn 2 so far is my favourite. Figured it would be Horn 4, as the american film score horn sound is my favourite, but eventhough they're all good, this one seemed to respond really nicely to my playing.
    Love the different UI themes!

-The reverb and room are a big part of the sound; switching them off might give you a bit of a shock, as the 'naked' sound can sound a bit synthy. But the early reflections help give the horns character, as I suppose it would with a real life horn, as the sound reflects from the floor upwards, if I'm correct.
    Anyway, plenty of spaces, and I found I got a really nice sound by switching the late reverb off, keep the early reflections but switch it to studio, and use an altiverb instance for the late reverb. Sounds fantastic!!!!!

Pretty big gripe: the microphone noise; it switches itself on when you switch reverb types, and basically sounds like filtered white noise. I appreciate the attempt at realism, but there should be an easy way to turn this off globally, because everytime I switch I need to turn it down again. Since I've gone in playing pretty much straight away, there might be an RTFM moment here

I will post a bit more once I've been through the Horns and on to the other instruments, but so far they're a big 9 to 10 in my book. Very playable!

Cheers,

Joris
    Joris de Man - Composer | Sound Designer - www.jorisdeman.com | Killzone 2 soundtrack now available on iTunes link

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast