• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Extracts of my last film music

Share/Bookmark

Extracts of my last film music

Hello all !

for my second post ( ), i submit to you four passages of my last short-metrage music.
    History of the film talk about the life of a young man which has turned bad after a stupid car accident. At the end, he kill himself with a revolver after a long reflexion (extract from 6min40s to 10min22s, and BANG of the revolver when music stop).

You can listen here : http://ch_alva.club.fr/OubliePas.mp3

I wait your feedbacks !

Re: Extracts of my last film music

Dear Powa,

Thanks so much for joining us here - your first 2 submissions are very good, and we look forward to hearing more form you!

Before you get too excited and start posting away, you might want to have a look at the guidelines for the listening room:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53598

I know a lot of folks ignore the "sticky threads" at the top of the page, but before you came on board we had some issues with some users flooding the board with multiple posts and thereby pushing other threads to the next page.

Give the guidelines a look, and do continue to post here - you've got some nice stuff so far!

Cheers,

-Jonathan

Sorry ! I didn't read the tutorial in sticky !

I flooded, I'm sorry. But, now, I know how to post here :-) No problem, and thanks to you for your help.

Hello again, Powa

Another excellent piece from you--so accomplished and evocative.

I'm glad you've seen the new "sticky post" now--It's a recent addition to this Forum which even all the regulars haven't noticed yet. I'm sure it makes sense to you, and it's certainly no problem that you've posted twice in a row this time.

I want everyone to hear your wonderful music!--But also am looking forward to when enough time has gone by that you can post more for our listening pleasure!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

This seems perfect background music while the character reflects before taking his own life - very dark and brooding, after a while swirling into near chaos for a while before returning... Very well done.

I listened through your other posted piece but wasn’t able to spend much time with it and didn’t have time to reply. Another excellent piece.
    Trent P. McDonald

Superb string and brass work in this; in fact, superb writing,
    overall, Christophe; and very well done on the orchestration.

The rendering on this is likewise top drawer... I've got it up
    on my studio monitors, and the sound is a real delight to the
    ear.

Christophe, it is difficult to comment in detail on a larger
    piece; and I realize this is also comprised of excerpts [which
    leaves one with incomplete material upon which to comment,
    compositionally]; however, this is exceptional work.

Bravo!

May we look forward to much more from you soon, Christophe!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Oui,

this is exellent! BRAVO

I can`t say it better than David said, excellent work and a goood mixing!

My best and best whishes to france

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by Powa87
    Hello all !

for my second post ( ), i submit to you four passages of my last short-metrage music.
    History of the film talk about the life of a young man which has turned bad after a stupid car accident. At the end, he kill himself with a revolver after a long reflexion (extract from 6min40s to 10min22s, and BANG of the revolver when music stop).

You can listen here : http://ch_alva.club.fr/OubliePas.mp3

I wait your feedbacks !
    This is some of the most beautiful harmonic chord progressions that has ever been written. I am left stunned. This is also some of the most astonishing orchestraton that has ever been written. This is the work of a great master of his craft. My hat is off for I know I'm in the presence of a pure genius. I have listened to the works of all the great masters and the current luminaries and this places you right up there in the firmament.

You have created a perfect portrait of by-polarism. It is a picture of a mind drifting in and out of sever depression. I can sense the dispair and fleeting glimpes of hope that is soon lost.

I truly look forward to hearing more.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Beautiful work, very cinematic,well mixed and dripping with emotion. I can see why you are actually "working" in the soundtrack business with talent like this. Was it entirely rendered using GPO?

Outstanding work!

I've listen to the submissions in both posts... Terrific!

You certainly have a natural musical gift (a rare thing).

Your submissions will make an excellent addition to this forum.... and
    any musical, technical insights you'd care to share would be a great benefit!

Looking forward to hearing more works!

~Jeff

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast