• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: String Quartett

String Quartett

I try to write a string quartett. The first movement is already ready and I rendered the exposition. Here you can listen to it: String Quartett

05-31-2007 - Update:

And now I am glad to announce, that the rendering of the whole piece is done. It took more time, than I thought but at last the work was done.
    You can hear it by clicking here: Whole first part of the quartet.

Re: String Quartett

Hi, Locis!

I found your string quartet's first movement delightful. Intelligent and so musical. The perfect accompaniment to my afternoon when I wanted something gentle but interesting to listen to.

Thanks for the posting!

Randy B.

Hello Randy, excuse my bad expression... this is not the whole first movement this is only the exposition. I'll post it here when the end is also rendered...

Wilton, NH

Nice expo. I particularly like the pizzi strings in the second theme. Can’t wait to hear how you work this (the whole expo) out in the development.
    Trent P. McDonald

Locis, this is excellent writing for the quartet; clear, forthright
    lines, with every voice engaged and fully in the dialogue; and
    strong, able handling of thematic material.

Take it forward, Locis! I am much looking forward to the
    completion of this!

My best,

Thank you for listening, David and trentpmcd.The piece is now in my sequencer and I have to work out some details in the development. I also can't wait to post it here ...

Hello again, Locis

This really is nice--had to listen again. Hope your continued work on it goes well!

Randy B.

A wonderful string quartett sound and very creative writing.

What four instruments in the GPO lib. did you employ for your quartett?

Looking forward to the completion of this piece, Locis. It's a really fine example of string quartett writing.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hello Randy, thanks again. Yes the rendering is going on, I hope within a few days I can post it here.

Hi Jack, thank you for listening and posting a comment. I hope, I can give you some adequate answer. For the first violin I used the Guarneri Solo KS, for the second violin I used the Stradivari solo KS (Not the big new Strad, but the included solo Strad with the GPO Solo-Strings). The Alto is played by the solo Viola KS and the Cello by the Cello 1 KS Solo.

My best,

Quote Originally Posted by Locis
    I try to write a string quartett. The first movement is already ready and I rendered the exposition. Here you can listen to it: String Quartett

Rudolph, enjoyed this immensely. Some fine, fluid writing here that hints at the baroque and classical era but is also refreshingly original. And some of the best rendering I've heard yet using the original GPO solo strings. Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing more.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast