• Register
  • Help

Topic: T3 and GPO

Share/Bookmark

T3 and GPO

Hello: I've been a T2 user for a couple of years and I'm ready to upgrade to T3. I enjoy writing songs and use Band-in-a-box to generate midi for the backing parts. I was excited to see that GPO was bundled with T3. My question is: would it serve me better to use the bundled GPO with the ultimate T3 package or go with the basic upgrade and buy the full GPO or wait until the GEM is ready to use with the midi files? There are alot of choices and I want to make a wise one. Either way I'm looking forward to using one or more of the Garritan products. Thanks for any help. David

Re: T3 and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by dhbret
    Hello: I've been a T2 user for a couple of years and I'm ready to upgrade to T3. I enjoy writing songs and use Band-in-a-box to generate midi for the backing parts. I was excited to see that GPO was bundled with T3. My question is: would it serve me better to use the bundled GPO with the ultimate T3 package or go with the basic upgrade and buy the full GPO or wait until the GEM is ready to use with the midi files? There are alot of choices and I want to make a wise one. Either way I'm looking forward to using one or more of the Garritan products. Thanks for any help. David
    Hi David!
    Welcome from another Tracktioneer!
    Personally, I would go for the basic package and upgrade to full GPO. I prefer to pay as I can afford - and both separately might be easier on your budget than the full blown version at a time. If you have the money, do the ultimate package.

I do know that for ME on my mac - T3 does not work well with the older GPO player based on Kontakt 1.5. There is a bug in there somewhere that freezes the graphic of the player window, you can click on things but nothing looks like it is happening, but actually, all that clicking is actualy doing something but cannot see what you selected because the window is frozen. SOME of the buttons work as they should, but it is just weird.

T3 works very well with the Kontakt Player 2 version of GPO though.
    It is LIGHT YEARS above T2 in terms of audio editing.

That is what I would do.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Hello Jerry: Thanks for your response. Can GPO/K2 be used to play midi files the way the upcoming GEM program will do it? I've looked at NI Bandstand and am currently using the Roland VSC. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the highest quality/ bang for the buck midi file player for Band-in-a-box generated midi files. I play guitar and use BIAB to fill out the other parts. Thanks again. David

Quote Originally Posted by dhbret
    Hello Jerry: Thanks for your response. Can GPO/K2 be used to play midi files the way the upcoming GEM program will do it? I've looked at NI Bandstand and am currently using the Roland VSC. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get the highest quality/ bang for the buck midi file player for Band-in-a-box generated midi files. I play guitar and use BIAB to fill out the other parts. Thanks again. David
    Kontakt 2 has several GM patches for drums. But - the rest of the instrument patches are not GM. Garritan GEM will, I assume, be 100% GM standard compaitble. and much more in line to be able to playback BIAB files and GM formatted songs. GPO, as it stands, has no GM configuration.

I am not sure what the Ultimate Bundle has it T3 by way of GM soundsets, but it might have some third party plugins that allow for proper playback of the kinds of files you are wanting.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Be aware: I found a bug, and not many people will comment, but T3 DOES NOT import Tempo settings from MIDI files. So, that must be set after importing.

Other than that, I urge all T2 users to upgrade ASAP. T3 is great!!

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Thanks to all: I'm looking forward to T3 and all the extra stuff like GPO. David

We've had a thread on this going over at the KvR Tracktion forum, which now (finally) contains instrument lists of all three GPO versions for comparison:

Tracktion 3 Project Bundle
    Tracktion 3 Ultimate Bundle
    Full GPO version

The thread is here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178845

Notes: The project version is REALLY lite. The Ultimate version is about half the "sample volume" of the full product.

Go Back to forum