Well, as Nickie was the first to note, the day has finally arrived. The Official Kontakt Player 2 versions of both GPO and JABB are now posted for download at Native Instruments. Here's a link to the updates:
(5-23-07) I'm adding this link which could be helpful: (link removed for revision)
Many changes have been introduced in the new Kontakt Player 2 for both libraries. Among them:
IMPORTANT: If you own both GPO and JABB then you will need to update each of them separately, even though they run in the same Kontakt Player 2. Remember, it is not just the player that has changed; all programming in each library has been updated as well. This latest version supersedes the unofficial posting a few weeks ago of GPO as well. If you did download and install the unofficial version I would recommend uninstalling it first before installing the official one. That should avoid conflicts with the new folder structure.
- KP2 is IntelMac (or MacIntel, if you prefer) compatible.
- Instead of separate players for each library, Kontakt Player 2 acts as a host for all compatible KP2 libraries. Both GPO and JABB will appear within the same player on the left side of the player interface. The Strad and Gofriller will also be there if they are installed. One obvious advantage to this approach is the ability to load a mixture of instruments from any of the available KP2 libraries.
- The player is no longer limited to 8 instruments. The user can load at least 16 instruments. With the right system (one that recognizes ports) up to 64 instruments can be loaded at a time.
- Instruments and Multis are now loaded from dropdown menus at the bottom of each library interface.
- Once an instrument is loaded it appears on the right side of the interface. The old player had a fixed number of knobs for controllers. The new player reflects differences between instruments. Some have few knobs, some have many.
- All instruments now have a pitchbend range control. Instruments load with a default setting that can be modified by the user as needed. Any changes can also be saved.
- All mod wheel controlled instruments now load at a modest mod wheel level as a default.
- Any knob defaults can be modified by the user and re-saved.
- Users can now build and save their own Multis.
- Expressive instruments that use the mod wheel to control volume/timbre also respond to breath control (cc2) and MIDI expression (cc11.) They are always active so make sure you use only one of them at a time to avoid data conflicts.
- Sundry bug fixes, additional instruments, and improvements have been incorporated into each library.
The major issues that have so long delayed the release should now be cleared up (we hope!) There are some remaining minor issues that we intend to address in the coming weeks but this version should finally get everyone up and running. One issue that has just been brought to our attention involves unexpected changes in the way Kontakt 2 handles dynamic EQ in velocity=volume instruments – mainly percussion. We'll try to fix this soon but we certainly didn't want to delay things further because of it and, also, users can apply compensatory external EQ if they wish to counter this issue in specific instruments.
Please refer to the .pdf manual in the documentation folder (part of the installation) for more information on each library. There are many changes so please READ THE MANUALS. We hope you find this a worthwhile update and have few difficulties getting it up and running. Have fun.