• Register
  • Help

Topic: Boy I'm REALLY Confused!

Share/Bookmark

Boy I'm REALLY Confused!

I have had both GPO and JABB installed on my PC-DAW since buying them last winter during the group buy. I installed them both as stand alone and dxi/vst setups and when I updated Finale to Fin07 last month I also installed those settings.

Back in March, when we THOUGHT we had the new K2 player, I went ahead and installed it.

Today, I downloaded and installed the current "official" updates to both programs and registered JABB using the NI Service Center. GPO did not ask for a new registration. Service Center says everything is registered properly.

However, when I try to open either of the instruments in Sonar 6 I get the original installation showing up (KP 1.) If I open KP 2 in Sonar it says I have opened KP 2.2.1, although the about screen says it is 2.2.2. If I open KP 2 as a stand alone it says it is KP 2 but the about screen says it is 2.1.1. I have not tried opening either of them in Finale as yet so I don't know what to expect there.

Someone, please help me. Should I un-install all of the GPO and JABB installs and start over? I just want to have v. 2.2.2 no matter how I open it..

Thanks for the help.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Re: Boy I'm REALLY Confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee
    I have had both GPO and JABB installed on my PC-DAW since buying them last winter during the group buy. I installed them both as stand alone and dxi/vst setups and when I updated Finale to Fin07 last month I also installed those settings.

Back in March, when we THOUGHT we had the new K2 player, I went ahead and installed it.

Today, I downloaded and installed the current "official" updates to both programs and registered JABB using the NI Service Center. GPO did not ask for a new registration. Service Center says everything is registered properly.

However, when I try to open either of the instruments in Sonar 6 I get the original installation showing up (KP 1.) If I open KP 2 in Sonar it says I have opened KP 2.2.1, although the about screen says it is 2.2.2. If I open KP 2 as a stand alone it says it is KP 2 but the about screen says it is 2.1.1. I have not tried opening either of them in Finale as yet so I don't know what to expect there.

Someone, please help me. Should I un-install all of the GPO and JABB installs and start over? I just want to have v. 2.2.2 no matter how I open it..

Thanks for the help.
    Hello Jerry,

I also installed the last buggy update to K2 player so when this latest authorised update arrived I didn't take any chances and uninstalled the previous version before installing this new one.

I also use Sonar and I am able to choose to use either the K1 or K2 player or both with no problems. The reason I am keeping K1 is partially due to the unfixed percussion problem in K2.

Unless anyone advises differently my feelings are that it would be 'safer' to uninstall both K2 players then reinstall the latest update. In my experience, the K1 and K2 players coexist quite happily together. It might be wise to hang on to K1 for the time being until K2 has proven itself.

(Disclaimer) Just my opinion of course so it might be wise to take further advice before proceeding.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I have to ammend my previous reply.

Kontakt Player 1 will only work with Kontakt Player 2 with a previously set up song file.

When starting a new file it seems only one player can work at a time. To use both K1 and K2 would involve renaming folders so is not really advisable.

In your post you said you only wanted to use one version so this shouldn't be a problem for you unless you wanted to use percussion. If you read Tom's announcement he does suggest a workaround for this.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michael,
    Thanks for your kind and well-thought advice. I have decided not to uninstall anything at this point. Once I updated my desktop shortcuts I was able to open the current version of KP2 as a standalone and Sonar IS calling up the proper version. (It just shows it as v. 2.1 in the instrument title bar but it IS v. 2.2.2 when I open up the instrument.) I imagine I would really screw things up if I did a complete reinstall and as it appears to be working properly I am going to leave it alone for now.

Off to make some music. Have a good day. Looking like around 90° in northern Kentucky today.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    To use both K1 and K2 would involve renaming folders so is not really advisable.
    Michael, you don't have to rename any folders. Just copy the .nks and .nkc files into the Kontakt Player 1 backup folder, or create a hardlink in this folder to the .nks & .nkc files, and set the library path to Kontakt Player 1 backup in KP1's Options. You will then be able to use both Players concurrently.

Go Back to forum