• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using GPO convo reverb...what's the trick?

Share/Bookmark

Using GPO convo reverb...what's the trick?

I'm trying to drag the impulse response samples from the presets/impulses folder to the convo reverb window (as we are asked to) with no luck. Is there a trick I'm missing? thanks, blake

Re: Using GPO convo reverb...what's the trick?

I too am having this issue. I am using the PC/VST version with Cubase SX3. I have tried dragging wav file impulses to the field in the convolution reverb in the K2 player in various ways and so far have not had any success in loading them. I have dragged the wavs from the windows explorer window and also from the library inside of Cubase. Unfortunately, I have not found the key to success yet. Any hints will be greatly appreciated. Other K2 effects are working OK.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

In KP2 | Options | Interface did you check Capture mouse from host?

Dear Nickie, Thank you for the idea. When I read it, I thought "wow, this must be it!" I gave it a try and and checked both 'capture mouse' and 'capture keyboard' in the options menu. I then verified that this did what it was supposed to do. In fact, my mouse wheel now will control various movements of controls and scroll bars in K2, as expected. So that is nice ... thank you.

Now for the bad news (for me): still no success with loading an IR into the convolution effect. Dragging a wav from either Windows Explorer or the Project Library in Cubase still gives me the "prohibited sign" and no results.

In any case, thanks for the response. It helped me learn about some of the other functionality and is appreciated.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

There is one other thing you can do.
    In stand alone mode you should be able to drag an IR into the convolution window. I know I can. Do that without loading any instruments and then save the (empty) multi to a subfolder "Multis" of the Library path selected in Options | Load. The convolution setup will then be saved. You can then load this/these multi(s) from the "User multis" menu above the libraries before you load any instruments. If you later regret your choice, use the left/right arrows to the right of the IR name to select new IR's. This approach ought to work in plugins as well.

Go Back to forum