There have been many ideas and suggestions about the future of the orchestration challenges posted in the "Vote for #12" thread, so, unless I missed a thread created for the same purpose, I wanted to create this thread for the discussion such ideas. The biggest suggestion seems to be a regular voting structure, such as "3 votes per person" for every round.
Here are the "rules" as they currently appear on my archive site:
1) Your entry should have substantially been created using Garritan libraries (GPO, JABB, Strad).
2) The Orchestration Challenge is to take the theme and create a couple of minutes of music in the style of your choosing, doing whatever you like to the theme as long as it is substantially recognisable.
3) The winner is chosen after the entries have been posted anonymously on the NSS forum, and the forum members have voted for their favorite in a poll. How the forum members judge which is their favorite is totally up to them.
4) The winner of the Challenge wins nothing, except the acclaim of the forum, and the honour of setting the next Challenge.
5) The Challenge Setter may not enter his or her own Challenge.
What amendments do you think should be made?
Of course, keep in mind these challenges are just for fun... they're not sponsored or regulated by anyone and there are no big prizes. It's basically just us forum members having fun with our amazing Garritan products. (And maybe learning some things too...)