As much as I like some of the new features of KP2, I found last night a ton of issues/questions after playing aound with it a bit. some of these things are what seem to me errors while others are features that have been lost from the old player that made setting up a GPO instance so much easier. If Tom or Gary could help answer these I'd (and I imagine others too) be so greatful, cos at the moment Im wishing I'd never updated! here goes:
1. No global setting for sustain! Now if you want sustain to work on each instrument you have to go into the gears menu for EACH one and change the setting! So if your setting up a large orchestra (say 20+ instruments) its a real pain in the arse. the only instrument that I found that works from the off is the vibraphone. Is there any fix for this?
2. What happened to multiple outputs? the 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, etc etc system was invaluable and so very easy to use! now for some reason i get 1/2, 1/2 (again) and then "5.1 surrond! If i add more channels, cubase doesnt recognise them AND it tells me to restart the pluggin, which doesnt help. it just removes everything i set up!...help?
3. The Assign midi controller port to opening instruments function doesnt work. I want it set to omni when i open an instance, it only does so if i reload the instrument in the same KP2 session... Gone are the good days when (in standalone mode) you could just select the midi channel and then quickly change your midi controller to ouptut on that channel.... it was simpler back then...
4. On the flute theres a slight glitch in the sound half a second in to a sustained note, as if its switching to a sustain loop or something. I also noticed it in Violins 1 Muted. dont know what other instruments might have same problem. (It wasnt my cpu being overloaded, i had no other instruments loaded up)
5. The GPO multi 09 (tpt, tbn, tba section) opens up in a GREY skin and not as GPO instruments (i.e. not in the lovely yellowy-orange skin).
6 - Old projects seem to fail to load half the time. they just crash my otherwise v stable pc.
7. Is it beter to use the inbuilt reverb in the KP2 or a separate one (say garritan ambience)? which is more demanding on the processor and which is better quality?
8. How come a KP2 instance allows up loading of up to 64 instruments, but if you using it with a DAW (im using cubaseSX) you can only control 16 instruments individually? you can choose midi channels from port A (from host) 1-16 in KP2 but then port B to D are all unusuable, so its overcomplicating things with more selecting and clicking! (sounds like im moaning here, but as a sufferer of RSI it makes a difference...) I realise tho that I can load a new instance of KP2 (so I have KP2 and KP2(2) ) but i get the feeling that that will really drain my CPU.....
Lastly does anyone get the impression that it is generally more cpu intensive? I used to be able to load 2 standalone instances, whack 16 instruments in, play a 5-6 note chord and get no cutting out or glitching of any kind. Even with all instruments playing at once. Now im lucky if i can play a 6 note chord with a complete brass section (loaded from multi).
If tom or gary or anyone else who knows the answers to my whines (other than "shut ben and get used to it!) Id be so thankful cos at the mo im wishing Id never updated. But the old player wont work anymore!!!!!
Thankyou for reading!!!!!