• Register
  • Help

Topic: loading GPO Sibelius into Sonar...Help please

Share/Bookmark

loading GPO Sibelius into Sonar...Help please

Gentleman
    I have Sibelius 4 and the GPO Sibelius edition. I use Sonar 4 studio as my sequencer. I am very new at this operation. (Dec. 06)
    I have a couple of questions.
    1. Can I open this GPO Sibelius Edition as a stand alone application so that I may load the samples into sonar to play my scores? If so, How ?
    2. If I cannot, how can I get my scores into sonar and use my GPO as a soundsource...........

Do I need to buy another GPO Library?

Thank you for any information
    Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Re: loading GPO Sibelius into Sonar...Help please

Cliff,

I think you can't do this - if you have the Sibelius version of GPO (which is a full version), I am pretty certain that it will only work in Sibelius. If you have GPO as a seperate program and use the crossgrade, allowing Sibelius to "talk" to GPO, then you can do it. I'd post this on the Sibelius board for a definitive answer.

Sorry this is bad news, but at least it was delivered by a fellow guitarist...
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

rpearl
    I appreciate the answer..........I knida of thought that this was going to be the case.................but yeah,,,, coming from another guitarist makes all the world of difference.......... Lol

I do appreciate your answer
    thank you
    Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    Not a lick of sense!

Prince
    Thank you for your reply.
    You are right in the thought that thee is a full GPO version that works with Sibelius. Last night I tried to find the GPO software in my program files but I guess it is buried in the Sibelius software where I cannot get to it.....So I'm thinking that I may have to use your next suggestion.
    Thank you
    Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    Not a lick of sense!

Cliff,

I would echo Tom's suggestion. I had purchased GPO before Sib 4 came out, so all I had to do was use the crossgrade ($49), but as I still had my original GPO, I could/can use it with any other program that "accepts" it.

Wouldn't hurt to try Gary about this issue.

By the way, what do you use for a classical guitar sound sample?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Ron

for classical guitar I try to record straight into sonar.............I has not worked very well yet.....I think that since I do not have very good mics would be the top problem.......but i keep searching for a better sample...I have yet to find one I really like..........

Let me see if I have this straight.... I have 'Sibelius 4 with the GPO Sibelius edition which will not inport into sonar ....If I purchase the crossgrade GPO this would be a (for lack aof a better term) like a portal that if I was in sonar I could use this crossgrade GPO software to talk to my GPO Sibelius Edition and load up a sample into sonar midi tracks,

So the end result would be like a stand alone version of GPO that I could write my music in Sibelius, turn the score into a midi file, import this midi file into sonar (ver.4 studio) then go into sonars midi tracks, ask the crossgrade GPO Version to talk to my Sibelius GPO version and load up the samples so I can use these samples into sonar to record, mix and produce music?

Do I have this correct? If so, How do I contact Gary with out plastering his number all over the place.

Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    Not a lick of sense!

Cliff,

Wish I could help with the microphone issue, but I am clueless.

As for contacting Gary, if you click on his name in any post he has made (and he has made a few...), you should get the option to Send a Private Message, orwords to that effect. Give that a go.

Best of luck.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Go Back to forum