After installing the JABB K2 player and K2 instruments, I am continuing to use GPO and JABB instruments in Kontakt 2.
The JABB instruments that I loaded into Kontakt play back fine, just as they were. But I can't load any more of the K1 instruments. Kontakt 2 loses them every time. I have to search for samples whenever I load Sonar projects and no matter what I do to point Kontakt to the directory where the libraries are stored, it doesn't remember.
But, that's beside the point. When I load the K2 instruments, which is what I really wanted to do (to gain access to all the other parameters by dials) I find that the volume level has been dramatically reduced. I set cc1, cc7 and cc10 parameters by entering them directly in Sonar's event list -- so that I can precisely control their initial values and when those values change.
I have to set JABB trumpets to cc7=127 and cc1=127 to hear them at a reasonably moderate level -- and even then the whole section can be drowned out with one or two ww instruments from GPO. I'm not kidding. One flute can totally mask two trumpets playing full blast. If I move the volume slider up in Kontakt, it just slides right back down to about 1/4 the way up the scale when I start playback (remember: the first two lines in each of my MIDI events lists for all JABB instruments is cc1=127 and cc7=127.)
I tried setting the Instrument Options for the cc7 volume range to -00..-12db. This gave me a small increase in volume. Nothing like it used to be. But louder than it was. Once again, as soon as I start playback, the volume slider goes down to about 1/4 of the way up the scale (when it hits those 127 values that should be pinning it to the far right of the meter. Nothing like this is happening with the GPO upgrade.
MORE - It is not recognizing MIDI pan (CC10) settings either. Check the box that allows it to recognize cc7 and cc10 events and it still only responds to the slider. This is very bad. The slider uses values from L100 to R100. Every other instrument in my project uses standard MIDI values from 0 to 127 to determine stereo positioning. It is very difficult (and a lot of work to try to make the JABB precisely pan where they are supposed to be).
What an upgrade! I am much worse off than if I had kept using the old version. Other users should be warned: this upgrade does not appear to be ready.