• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sea of Glass- song

Share/Bookmark

Sea of Glass- song

Hello all,

I am re-writing a piece I did 8 years ago called Sea of Glass. I feel I am 90% there, but still feel the song needs to be tweaked some. I was hoping to get some feedback. Any comments / advice welcome.

http://www.seandockery.net/hidden-folder/seaofglass.mp3

Thanks!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: Sea of Glass- song

Stephen, thank you very much for listening to it....twice even, and for all the good advice. Volume and presence/contrast changes are definitely what it could use. I've always had a bad habbit of keeping my instruments the exact same volume on just about everything I write, but will try and change that. I've always considered myself a decent composer, but a lousy mixer/producer which is why I will most likely shell out the big bucks to have a "professional" mix/master and produce my next CD.

Thanks again ,

Sean Dockery

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Re: Sea of Glass- song

I use Cubase SX3 (next week the new C4) and am very familiar with the automation. I've just not utilized it enough. When I re-work the piece via your great suggestions I would love for you to hear it again.

Thanks again

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Go Back to forum