• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus & Program Changes????

Share/Bookmark

Smile Stylus & Program Changes????

Can anybody tell me if it is possible for Stylus RMX to receive program changes for switching out Multi's? Practically all of the other VST's I have can do this. I'm using Live 6 and have for sometime. If someone could help me figure this out that would be great!!!

Re: Stylus & Program Changes????

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcell
    Can anybody tell me if it is possible for Stylus RMX to receive program changes for switching out Multi's? Practically all of the other VST's I have can do this. I'm using Live 6 and have for sometime. If someone could help me figure this out that would be great!!!
    AFAIK is not possible because the change will not happen without gaps due to the loading time of the patches. It could be useful implementing some kind of patch change not at multi level but on the single channels. This probably cannot be implemented using program change but two other midi messages, the first indicating the patch number, located early (for preloading time), and the second located at the moment the change should occur.

Preloader huh?? Sounds like someone's written a little action script before egh? I actually wouldn't mind the pause/waiting period on a multi setup change. Have you or anybody else tried to send program changes to Stylus? If I could just find some documentation somewhere that would be excccellllent....

I'm a believer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcell
    Preloader huh?? Sounds like someone's written a little action script before egh? I actually wouldn't mind the pause/waiting period on a multi setup change. Have you or anybody else tried to send program changes to Stylus? If I could just find some documentation somewhere that would be excccellllent....
    I never wrote an action script but I know what are you talking about (I hate flash by programmer point of view). I remember Eric answered about program change issue in this forum saying exactly the same thing about latency changing patch, but I didn't find anymore. You can download the whole documentation and tutorial videos from spectrasonics site if you're a registered user.

Thanks bro. I got the videos. It's been a while since I checked em out. I should review them though.

Hi Guys,

Not possible in RMX!!!

Robin.

Go Back to forum