• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT : Protection USB Keys ... how many ?

Share/Bookmark

OT : Protection USB Keys ... how many ?

How many USB Key do you have ?

Here, 4 on three computers :

Vienna VI x 2
    Tascam GVI x 1
    Broadway Big Band x 1

I don't know if we can reach a max per computer

Re: OT : Protection USB Keys ... how many ?

Well, you can't go over 128 USB devices per system, so I hope there's some unity that develops amongst the guys who protect their products with dongles. Imagine if every product was protected that way.

I think past 10 keys, the back of the computer with all sorts of hubs might start to look a little rediculous.

Wow ... An USB Christmas Computer Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Well, you can't go over 128 USB devices per system, so I hope there's some unity that develops amongst the guys who protect their products with dongles. Imagine if every product was protected that way.
    A single iLok can hold 100 licenses; a single Syncrosoft USB Key can hold 99 licenses.

It appears most developers are using one of these two systems for dongle protection.

I personally have just one Syncrosoft dongle that currently holds 6 different product licenses.

.....4 here on the same computer....

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemaster
    A single iLok can hold 100 licenses; a single Syncrosoft USB Key can hold 99 licenses.
    Since you mentioned it, I'd thought to mention that you can't delete old licenses from iLok. So everytime you update your logic, for example, you are wasting 1/100 license/ Not even demos, or whatever else...

Just a point.

I have 1 only (Cubase, Steinberg), and I am thinking if I need any more tbh...

I have 2. One for Cubase, and the other for VSL. So right now it's not so bad, but I'm already afraid that I won't be able to escape from having a HUB someday. Generally, the idea of having to have 3-4 or even more keys and is not somethink that I like...

I have two. Cubase SX3 and Korg Digital Ed. Killed them both by eletrocution. Its a real struggle to get them replaced. Luckily i havent had the licensed transfered to just one key because i had to send in the damaged ones in order to get the licence replaced. Used them both on a hub hidden behind my usb controller

Dennis

I have 4 : Logic,iLok,Syncrosoft (Vienna), Culture key. Absolutely no problems.

Go Back to forum