• Register
  • Help

Topic: My school assignment

Share/Bookmark

A school assignment

Tuesday, for school I have to turn in a piece, thats different. I dont know if I captured it or not. This is my style. I think anyway. All comments are welcome. I have one more day to make some changes. Does it sound real? Guess would be biggest question. Many Thanks in advance. Joseph..The title is Anger from Above.
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=985138&t=5592

Re: My school assignment

Hi,

I suppose I went to the wrong school, hehe.

No, that was too early, 25 years ago, and all I could do then was to link two cassette recorders and a microphone to set up a primitive multitracking. It was my own invention and my music teacher was so surprised to see this was possible that she decided to use this as the exam assignment. I got my cassette recorders, my instruments, a melody line and one hour time to produce an arrangement. Got an A+.

Actually after that the other music teacher who always thought very competitive came to me and told me that it would not have been an A for him. He would have asked me more questions about music history. I still regard him an ***hole for that .

Now to your piece: If you want more realistic string the first thing is that you should avoid the pumping sound because it screams keyboard plus foot controller. Link more than one note together for longer swells and decays. Bigger arcs, so to say.

The other thing is that some of your transitions sound as if you are not 100 % knowing what you are doing. I mean, most of the times you will know, but sometimes it sounds more like some thick thumbs on the keyboard.

Thick thumbs on keyboard are fine for me at times but some knowledge about harmony and counterpoint does not hurt also. A mixture of both is healthy.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Re: My school assignment

Hannes many thanks for the comments. I do agree with you on the Strings, I find it hard sometimes for the attacks and so on. I dont think it is a matter of sometimes not knowing what I am doing. But the dissonance I have in my music. I find myself getting bored fast with a normal piece of music. I am not sure if that is bad or not? I will work on the strings. Again many thanks for the time to listen...Joseph

Go Back to forum