• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opportunity for Orchestrator/Arranger

Share/Bookmark

Opportunity for Orchestrator/Arranger

Dear forum mbembers,

I received a call from a record company looking for someone to arrange string parts for an album.

This company is looking for someone "with a feel for a romantic/dramatic pop tune that could sit at a keyboard and "Garritan-ize" them!"
    "It would be a terrific if you could hook us up with anybody that has a flair for this, who could take simple direction over the phone or in email (like "make it sound like the string line in BB King's The Thrill Is Gone") and do it soon. We don't need anything deep or bombastic or too filmic/cinema - it's just feel we need. Need some simple evocative Garritan strings (cello's and violins?) - not a ton of money, and a nice credit if we use this work on our first Warner's releases.
    So we need a Garritan user, somebody, young or old, who can hear a lyric and glide over a keyboard quickly. They can play to the MP3 and just FTP the line back back to us. (Or just send the MIDI File and we'll buy your Personal Orchestra and use that.)
    The person who is seeking this person is a former A&R hear of one of the largest record companies in L.A.

Please post your interest and, if you can, links to some demos. I'll forward the info.

Thanks for your interest.

Gary Garritan

Re: Opportunity for Orchestrator/Arranger

Hey Gary,

Thanks for posting this!

I'm interested in the opportunity. I have samples on my web site, www.stevebarden.com along with songs on my MySpace page at myspace.com/stevebarden.

Thanks!
    Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

i'm not going to lie, i would love to do this. my website is http://web.mac.com/keithjfuller/iWeb...usic/Home.html - if they'd like to listen to some of the stuff i've done and get a feel for what i can do hopefully it would work out, if not then oh well - i tried. thanks a ton for even throwing this out there.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

It depends on the money, I would offer my services too.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    ....."It would be a terrific if you could hook us up with anybody that has a flair for this, who could take simple direction over the phone or in email (like "make it sound like the string line in BB King's The Thrill Is Gone") and do it soon. ...

That`s what I did for many radioproductions and songcover.

Like also DPDAN said, it depends on the money, I would offer my services too.

Thanks for this info!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I'll definitely do it.
    Here's a link to my samples:
    www.broadjam.com/gregsmith
    thanks Garry

I just finalized my move to Studio City. If the gig is still available, I'd be interested. The closest thing that I have to their description is the closing credits music I did for "Underwater", which has a light "poppy" piano part and string sections playing some longer chords across the bar.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Just now seeing this post!--Dang--may be too late.

I am ready, able and willing. It does NOT depend on the money.

Here are links to a collaboration I did recently with a guitarist online. His song - I wrote, arranged and performed the GPO strings:

test mix with strings fairly prominent:

http://www.box.net/shared/oca22rm335

final mix with strings sitting back more--Second song on this site, "A Walk in November."

http://www.sorstudios.com/grande/

Thanks for the exciting post, Gary!

Randy Bowser
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    It does NOT depend on the money.
    Randy,

I admire your enthusiasim, but this is the main reason that it's so hard for composers to earn a living. Composers should never, ever give their work away for free. I think it's one thing for a student to collaborate with another student on a project together, but in Gary's post "A company" is looking for an orchestrator/arranger. This should be a paying gig. I can't even count the number of times I've heard "you're doing this for the exposure".

I don't mean to take this out on you, but this practice of various producers getting music for free just rubs me the wrong way.

Jeff

Go Back to forum