• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume and CC1 problems

Volume and CC1 problems

Hi everyone!

I looked at all the topics containing info about volume issues, but I still find it difficult to understand.

I use the Overture4 and the new updated player 2. When I load my previous pieces, the volume is completely upset. EG a flute and piano piece the flute would suddenly be VERY loud and then VERY soft. Of course in the K1 player it worked perfectly with cc1 control.

My question is: Is the option cc7 and cc11 supposed to be checked or unchecked for the volume to be controlled as in the old player ONLY by modwheel. How can I be sure that K2 player does not respond to cc7 and cc11 for volume?

I am cofused.

Thank you
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Re: Volume and CC1 problems

The instruments will always respond to CC#11. There's no way to disable this controller. But you can disable CC#7 for an instrument by clicking its gears | Instrument Options | Controller and then unchecking "Accept standard controllers for Volume and Pan".

Did you notice if the flute's ModWhl knob (reflects CC#1, CC#2 and CC#11) or Volume slider (reflects CC#7; above Var 2) moved abruptly, when the volume changed abruptly?

Go Back to forum