• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strings - Tremolo + Mute?

Strings - Tremolo + Mute?

Hey all, I'm a relatively beginning GPO user (using it from SONAR 6). I noticed there is a string patch for Tremolo, and a string patch for Lush + Mute. However, I'm currently working on inputting a piece that has Tremolo con sordino. Is this possible with GPO? Should I just play the Tremolo patch really softly?

Perhaps this is covered in an update that I haven't installed yet (just installed from the discs a couple of days ago)?

Thanks a bunch! All I have to say, is that I am continuously amazed at this product! Great work!

Re: Strings - Tremolo + Mute?

Hi Jolson and welcome to the forum! Hope you're enjoying GPO like the rest of us

There isn't a tremolo con sordino patch as far as I know either. In Sonar 6, to get the effect you want you'll probably do best doing what you've described. Try also adding a little EQ to that track on that section (once bounced) to soften the sound a bit and kill some of the highs.

The standard keyswitch string patches (e.g. Vlns1 KS) have sordino choices for sustain, tremolo, and both trills. Sordino keyswitches are on the "black" keys:

Sustain = C
    Sustain muted = C#
    Tremolo = G
    Tremolo muted = F#
    Half trill = A
    Half trill muted = G#
    Whole trill = B
    Whole trill muted = A#

The Lush patches do *not* have a similar selection so the standard patches should be your main choices when you need a full palette of techniques.

This is more appropriate to the support section so I am moving it there.

Thanks Reegs, it's nice to be here .

Thanks for the help Tom. I didn't see some of those options mentioned in the manual. This is GREAT news. And why is it no surprise to find it in there .

Go Back to forum