• Register
  • Help

Topic: Plant Womans Action Movie

Plant Womans Action Movie

Dear All,

Haven't posted anything for a while, and had quite a bit of fun doing this, so I thought I would post it (and apologies if you've seen it already - I cross-posted on another BB).

This piece is intended to be in the style of an overblown 80s/90s action movie (e.g. Die Hard, Lethal Weapon etc.). The scene is of a woman and a plant (don't ask) sitting on a sofa, watching the TV (on which this cue is playing) - therefore there were no visuals as such to compose to, although the music broadly follows the emotions in the dialogue (although in a totally overblown way).

As I mentioned above, I had a lot of fun composing and realising it (using VI Symphonic Cube and guest guitar), and would welcome comments and criticism.

Plant Womans Action Movie

Kind Regards,

Re: Plant Womans Action Movie

I love it! I would love to watch the scene, please let us know if/when this becomes available for viewing...

The feel of it is perfect, you hit the nail right on the head. The writing is also very clean and professional, I'm very impressed.

The only thing that bothers me is the mix-- I'm missing that big dynamic orchestral sound that I know VSL is capable of. Did you mix it to sound like this on purpose?

If not, I'll give it another listen and try and figure out what it is exactly that is bugging me about the mix.

Thanks for the post, it was definitely a fun listen.

Thanks very much for your kind comments, Alex.

Your comments about the mix were very interesting - its an area that I am keen to improve, and I certainly was not intending for the cue to have a less dynamic sound. I'd really appreciate it if you would take the time to give me a little more information on what is missing / what needs improving.

Thanks very much again.

Very cool and the cinematic applicability is great except for a tad too little dynamics control. I really 'dig' the ;groovy; sixties B-Movie mojo...reminds me of great times eith cheesey sci-fi. I'd like to hear some soft solo or tri instument leadin to the scene and the comment to previous person made on dynamics is a wrothy consideration...they are good but could be better...go by the guidline that less is better when less is sufficient. go only as loud as neccessary, so that when it really is neccesary...you can rock the socks off everyone.

I'll PM you some help info

Go Back to forum