• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Enduring (for small orchestra)

The Enduring (for small orchestra)

I'm new to posting in this forum and just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone. I've been messing around with Garritan for a while now in creating my demos, and an example of my work, for small orchestra, can be found at http://www.musofinder.com/fraser It's called 'The Enduring'.

Would be very interested to hear what you think.

All the best,

Re: The Enduring (for small orchestra)

Hi Fraser,

I think you're influenced by the classical rock stars of the 18th century, maybe one in particular.
    A really nice piece of work for your first post here but it's obviously not your only piece. At one point I thought it was heading to the americas but then it headed back to Vienna.

Great work! and welcome.

My Best

Good day, Fraser, and Welcome!

This is just---fantastic!

"The Enduring" is so impressively and intelligently classical in its composition and simply masterful in its realization.

Some kind of shift in reality is happening here at the Garritan Forums--There's been a veritable explosion of excellent orchestral work posted here recently--Some of the best to ever grace the boards, and I place "The Enduring" firmly in its place with that group I'm talking about.

Standing ovation for you!

Randy B.

Thanks very much for your kind comments, Ray and Randy. I'm really glad you liked the piece; and I look forward to hearing yours and other people's music on this site.

I actually joined over a year ago, but never realised this particular forum existed - deary me! In any case, when I have a little more time, I'll get down to some proper exploring of the musics, here. Good stuff!

Cheers for now,

Well count me amongst your new fans too. That was great!! Nice to see someone flying the flag for Yorkshire too (I was born in Sheffield).

Wilton, NH

I liked this. As the others have said, there is a classical era sound to this, but I don’t think it sounds clichéd. Anyway, very nicely done.
    Trent P. McDonald

I am still very new to this board as well.....so do not feel bad.......the two things I have taken particular intrest in is the : . the people here are all very willing to help you out in a positive way.......they are just wonderful..............2) the people here are increadable writers........they are very, very good.......this could be encouraging or disheartening.......but you have talent my friend........please post some more of your works for all to enjoy. well done!

three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Nice work Fraser, with intelligent use of resources - particularly the woodwind. The strings have a good positive feel to them too which is in no small part helped by some clear and strong writing. There is a clear influence here from some of the old masters - but I'm assuming that is intentional to compliment your own creative and excellent composition skills.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Regards, Graham

... and he calls this small orchestra!! Welcome to this forum.

Beware if the mandoline effect with tremolos!!!
    Nice piece, though. Please more

I dig it!

Very mozartian. Nice little splash of girshwin in the middle

very well realized and written. You've gone and done it now, we all want more!

Congrats on a fine piece!
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast