• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please Help !

Share/Bookmark

Question Please Help !

Hello

Thank a lot for this great effort, I try to obtain the maximum Possible benefit from this precious course, but I need more help about some harmony principles.
    To abbreviating my case I'll say: After writing the melody, eliciting chords, I'm still confused about how to move the bass line!

Help me, and get my ration in paradise

Re: Please Help !

Quote Originally Posted by Daghum
    Hello

Thank a lot for this great effort, I try to obtain the maximum Possible benefit from this precious course, but I need more help about some harmony principles.
    To abbreviating my case I'll say: After writing the melody, eliciting chords, I'm still confused about how to move the bass line!

Help me, and get my ration in paradise
    Hi Daghum,

Welcome to the course!

I am not sure what you are asking. Do you want to learn how to write a bass line? Terry Dwyer wrote a tutorial on Realizing a Bass Continuo Part. http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GPO...oTutorial.html Perhaps this will help.

Best,

Gary Garritan

Dear Gary

Thank you very much for the important article, it has benefited, but my question was not about Sequencer.

I'll try to be clear: I have a melody, I must write the remaining three voices, the question is about how to write the Bass voice, what affects his nature and movement? Which concerns in chords inversions. I am a junior in the field of harmony, especially in the question of moving the Bass, and I wish to learn the basics in details. Is there any course in this regard?

For Example: I read the important book of Professor Alan Belkin: (General Principles of Harmony), and I found the paragraph entitled: (Linear aspects: melody and bass lines; voice leading) too brief. I need more details!

Thank you again.

Here's something old

Treatise on Harmony

Here is something newer

Theory of Harmony

Here is something newer(er)

Twentieth Century Harmony

Hope these help!

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula