• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    Has anyone tried to use the new KP2 with Garritan PO Studio? In my case only old Kontakt Players appear but when you try to load samples into them there is a communicate that thes samples are for newer player (read: KP2). So new one is not seen and the samples cannot be loaded. Pretty smart. There is of course a workaround but we should not be forced to do it. I need to use GPO Studio as Sibelius 4 cannot see directly KP2 so again the question: any luck with KP2 seen in GPO Studio?
    Witold

  2. #2

    Re: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    Studio can't use KP2. You don't need it. Use KP2 standalone and route via a virtual MIDI cable. For PC, MIDI-Yoke or Maple MIDI Tools. For Mac, use the IAC bus.

  3. #3

    Re: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    Thanks. That is exactly what I expected. I often guess why people make such enormous efforts to create incompatibilities. As for your "you do not need it" - I am afraid it is not entirely true. For a newcomer it may be true as there is no legacy material that would require " reengineering". I wrote over hundred sores using Sibelius-GPO Studio combination with many tiny details using specifics of this struture and now if I am to turn everything to KP2 - better shoot myself in the head. Of course there is a solution to this bizzarre idea of improvement and I am willing to share it with other "victims" but from professional point of view we should not be forced to search for patches and workarounds. It should simply work from the beginning. There is a workaround:
    After installing KP2 for GPO, JABB or both (and of course activating it with NI) do not delete or uninstall anything. No need for it. Start palying with KP2 to check whether it loads properly instruments and if yes - leave it. Now go to folder(s) newly created when installing KP2 (Garritan Jazz Big Band Library or GPO Library) and open Kontakt Player 1 backup folder. You will find there all your previous instruments and multis. Copy-paste KP1 Instruments to Instruments folder of KP2 (one level higher folder) changing the name to samething easy to understand like KP1 Instrumants. Do the same for Multis if you use them. Now when you open either KP2 or KP1 you will see both versions of Instruments (All KP2 instruments and KP1 sub-folder that you can further open). To finish you have to copy samples into a proper folder. If you open Garritan Jazz Big Band Library or GPO Library you will see library files (like GPO_Library_part1 or GJBB_Library_part1) with two extensions *.nkc and *.nks. Copy all *.nks files to Instruments folder (the same that alredy contains old KP1 Instruments) and you are finished. Now, when you open KP2 - you choose newer samples and they will load, or in KP1 you open a subfolder with older instruments and they will load seamlessly as before. And what is important - all your previous automation will work also. Pretty simple and strightforward but unnsecessary if professinally designed in the first place.
    Last question: does anyone know an easy way to swith between instruments loaded into KP2 when you want to trim them with the keyboard (the one you open on the bottom). In old KP1 you just clicked on an instrument and the keyboard was automatically reasigned to this instrument. In KP2 this convivial mechanism seems to be abandoned or very well hidden.
    Witold

  4. #4

    Re: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    Quote Originally Posted by wsuryn
    Last question: does anyone know an easy way to swith between instruments loaded into KP2 when you want to trim them with the keyboard (the one you open on the bottom). In old KP1 you just clicked on an instrument and the keyboard was automatically reasigned to this instrument. In KP2 this convivial mechanism seems to be abandoned or very well hidden.
    Witold
    The same in KP2: click on the instrument and a rectangle around it indicates that it is chosen and assigned to the virtual keyboard.

    Regards,

    Gerard

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    458

    Re: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    Studio can't use KP2. You don't need it. Use KP2 standalone and route via a virtual MIDI cable. For PC, MIDI-Yoke or Maple MIDI Tools. For Mac, use the IAC bus.
    For a how-to on this see:
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/Cr...n-IAC-Bus.html

    Keith W.

  6. #6

    Re: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    What about to recrod???

    How can I to record like in Garritan Studio?? How can I to save my works in an audio file with all the instruments and the improvements that I could add with KP2?. May I use the same virtual cable and record with any possible device on my computer?? (i.e. Sound Forge or similar)

    Regards

    Andres Eloy Rodriguez

  7. #7
    Power Profile User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brant Lake NY
    Posts
    150

    Re: Using Kontakt Player 2 with GPO Studio

    Quote Originally Posted by wsuryn
    Witold
    To finish you have to copy samples into a proper folder. If you open Garritan Jazz Big Band Library or GPO Library you will see library files (like GPO_Library_part1 or GJBB_Library_part1) with two extensions *.nkc and *.nks. Copy all *.nks files to Instruments folder (the same that alredy contains old KP1 Instruments) and you are finished.




    Do you mean to copy and paste the .nks files into the old K1 backup folder or copy and paste them in the K1 sub-folder that was copied into the K2 folder.
    I only see two .nks. Is that all the files that have to be copied?

    thanks

    B. D.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •