• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-Your trusted oppinion, insight, wisdom and.

Share/Bookmark

Question OT-Your trusted oppinion, insight, wisdom and.

Lots of things happening sorry to say outside of orchestration. One rather interesting was an email from a gentlemen by the name of Michael Sutton who calls himself a publicist & radio promoter based in Tacoma, Washington and wants to promot my music. I've never hoid of him and wondered if any of you ladies and gents ever have.
    Take your time answering 'cause I'm in the studio putting up the drywall.
    Thanks in advance and keep them GPO tunes a happening!
    Styxx

Re: OT-Your trusted oppinion, insight, wisdom and.

I have no opinions, insight or wisdom because not familiar with this chap, but also interested if anyone is familiar with him. I just googled his name with that description and here is a post from him, fifth from the top.
    http://www.mattchasemusic.com/html/guestbook.php

A publicist looking for work would immediately make me cautious, especially since it seems like he's asking for your money, and not some percentage of the cash you might make with him. Granted, I'm not experienced at all in the music industry, but if you wanted to pay money for a publicist, it seems like you should be the one doing the searching. A publicist searching for clients and then offering "packages" just doesn't feel right to me...

In the link that Leaf posted, Sutton also links to a website: http://www.suttonrecords.com/publicity.htm

As legit as the offer might be, if he's asking for money it seems like quite a risk...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    I have no opinions, insight or wisdom because not familiar with this chap, but also interested if anyone is familiar with him. I just googled his name with that description and here is a post from him, fifth from the top.
    http://www.mattchasemusic.com/html/guestbook.php
    A hah! This is word for word the exact email sent to us. I thought it sounded rather general sent out randomly to musicians web sites.
    Sean, I agree. Helping one make money and taking a percentage is one matter but asking for YOUR money is totally different.
    Thanks for your help.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum