• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is this weird or age? KP2

Share/Bookmark

Is this weird or age? KP2

A silly question, but looking at the KP2 player I see three turning knobs.
    One for tuning and the other two below. I cannot find the meaning of those turnable knobs, what do they do and why?

Raymond - and somebody will answer that there are no silly questions

Re: Is this weird or age? KP2

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    OK I just quickly checked out my Strad (don't have the cello yet, but Bday is coming soon) and I assume you are talking about the other two knobs under the sliders.

One is the Vibrato Rate Offset and one is the PB Vibrato Inhibit Threshold. Now I have NO idea what they actually do, and since I'm a real man there is NO way I'm going to dig out the manual and look it up, but I will twist them around some and see how it effects the sound.

Tom
    Vibrato Rate Offset is for setting the minimum vibrato rate. In other words, the vibrato rate for zero Aftertouch.

PB Vibrato Inhibit Threshold is for preventing vibrato on rapid pitchbends (PB). Lower values will inhibit vibrato on lesser pitchbends, while higher values will allow vibrato to persist.

All of you, dear forum friends,

thanks again..... And indeed for a violin there should have been 4 knobs.
    As I understood well, that last one is for preventing vibrato with short pitch changes, with other words: when there is fast bowing (is the jazz term: fast riffs?)

Raymond - experimenting with knobs (uuhuhuhuhuh?!)

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Vibrato Rate Offset is for setting the minimum vibrato rate. In other words, the vibrato rate for zero Aftertouch.

PB Vibrato Inhibit Threshold is for preventing vibrato on rapid pitchbends (PB). Lower values will inhibit vibrato on lesser pitchbends, while higher values will allow vibrato to persist.
    I did some experimenting and indeed it works!!!!!
    But only after being aware of the effects.
    Before that I couldn't hear any difference, but didn't know where to listen to.

Thanks again, one step further for getting a good Romance for Violin and Orchestra.

Raymond

Go Back to forum