• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: EXS24 vs K2

Share/Bookmark

OT: EXS24 vs K2

So, I took the plunge... I switched from an all-PC set up to a Mac Pro/Logic solution which I'm very excited about. (I'll be happy to see Giga go....) ...

Well, except for the fact that I have all of these old Giga 2.5 libraries...

No problem, I've been told, EXS can convert those libraries (particularly the SAM brass stuff) and they'll work great. And, too, I have a multi format disc of the Seven Seas Grand Piano from Sampletekk.

I'm new to EXS, really new, and my question is this: if I have Logic Pro, I have EXS24... so, will the Giga stuff work as before once converted, or do you lose playability? I've heard some stuff about losing velocity layers and whatnot, so maybe the 7CG wouldnt work out so well on EXS? And, finally, the SAM brass stuff I have is solid, GS 2.5. Is the crossgrade to multiformat really necessary?

I guess I'm just not sure if EXS will suffice for what I need here, or if I need to invest in K2 for better playability...

Again, I know nothing just yet, so any advice and much understanding is greatly appreciated!

Steve
    Steven J. Kukla
    Kuklamusic.com

Re: OT: EXS24 vs K2

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_K
    So, I took the plunge... I switched from an all-PC set up to a Mac Pro/Logic solution which I'm very excited about. (I'll be happy to see Giga go....) ...

Well, except for the fact that I have all of these old Giga 2.5 libraries...

No problem, I've been told, EXS can convert those libraries (particularly the SAM brass stuff) and they'll work great. And, too, I have a multi format disc of the Seven Seas Grand Piano from Sampletekk.

I'm new to EXS, really new, and my question is this: if I have Logic Pro, I have EXS24... so, will the Giga stuff work as before once converted, or do you lose playability? I've heard some stuff about losing velocity layers and whatnot, so maybe the 7CG wouldnt work out so well on EXS? And, finally, the SAM brass stuff I have is solid, GS 2.5. Is the crossgrade to multiformat really necessary?

I guess I'm just not sure if EXS will suffice for what I need here, or if I need to invest in K2 for better playability...

Again, I know nothing just yet, so any advice and much understanding is greatly appreciated!

Steve
    Giga is apprently a very loose format so how much of what gets lost in translation to EXS24 depends on how the programmer wrote it.

I have lots of converted giga libraries and overall I am satified.

7CG is fine in EXS24. Listen to my "Eleanor Rigby" demo on the Sampletekk site done with it.

I hope to see you in the EXS24 forum.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum