• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vir2 Acoustic legends. Has anyone tried this?

Share/Bookmark

Vir2 Acoustic legends. Has anyone tried this?

This looks promissing. Anyone have any experience? Can it articulate the softer side of the sampled guitars. Unfortunetly the demos do not offer enough to go on.

Re: Vir2 Acoustic legends. Has anyone tried this?

What kind of application do you plan to use them for?

They are very good for solo, and melody, but if you are looking for Rhythm, RealGuitar is your bet.

The Nylon guitars lack a gentle and mellow sound, unfortunately, but everything else, and the other Non-guitar instruments rock, ironically.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

I would like to use them for melody and gentle picking mostly. Also, flamanco style nylon work. However, if the nylons lack a quieter articulation, I may wait to see what East West offers by way of Gypsy.

Is there any way to achieve a convincing string bend? Could you do some convincing bluegrass type picking?

Are there round robin type alternate samples so that you could do picking paterns and not here the repeats?

I am not sold on the sound of real guitar. Especialy when the strings bend.

Thank You.

To be honest, there is no library with any upward string bends like youre asking. Melody and Gentle picking, AL should do the trick. Flamenco, you may be in luck, because the Nylon stuff all actually has a harder attack. Bluegrass flatpicking - easily. There are round robin samples.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

There is also a 'gentle nylon' patch in AL that if played with lower note on velocities can sound really nice. Also the keyswitch patches can switch between thumb, finger and nail picked samples which sound fantastically realistic if used throughout the performance.

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

As a guitar player, I felt let down by the "Gentle" patches. I can get very soft on Nylon, and these were just.. not gentle, I can put it that way. Thats just me, though.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

I'm not a guitar player myself, which probably makes a difference. I think finding a sample library of an instrument that you actually play to be acceptable is extremely hard!

Kev
    You can listen to my latest piece here -

I hear that!

With that same frustration, I SHOULD be a Trumpet player.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

<rant>

Yep. SERIOUSLY second that one.

Ramirez, Cordoba, Aparicio, heck, maybe even Martin before Hofner and Langejan.

Why use a Nylon Guitar from a company known to put out Low level beginner/entry level guitars, and violin style 4 string basses that certain insects play, and some odd, hand made guitar made in Michigan, BEFORE any known, wonderful sounding instruments? Gosh, I need to stop ranting so much about petty irritants.

</rant>

(Well yeah, Gibson is from MI, too but Shh!)
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Thanks for the advice.

As far as upwards bends, Yellow Tools Pure Guitars has them on the highest velocity levels. If that lib would be updated with more velocity layers and articulations, I would buy it in a heart beat.

Go Back to forum