• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: And We Thought Composing Film Music Was Hard...

Share/Bookmark

And We Thought Composing Film Music Was Hard...

Re: And We Thought Composing Film Music Was Hard...

I can't believe they actually posted these videos! What a load of crap!

Ya! those video "lessons" and about $5 will get you a nice sandwich for lunch. Ridiculous!

You guys are never going to score 1,000 movies a month with that attitude.

Fred!!!!

Whose picture was that in your old avatar?

Sorry for barging in on this thread... I've just been meaning to ask and I've just noticed that his old avatar is gone...

Alan
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

It was a frame grab from some really low budget horror movie but I'm danged if I can remember what now. Ohh, wait, yes I do- Satan's Little Helper!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380687/

Man - I got two minutes in and bailed - no way this ends well... library tracks are one thing - a well-seasoned score is entirely another. What a joke.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

A few people including myself questioned this idea and were critical of the "final" music that was produced. The composer, who is also a Taxi screener said he was happy with the results and this piece would most definitely be forwarded. Garbage like this is amatuerish and would never make it to air.

All these negative comments have been deleted. So much for opposing points of view.
    Rich

Library tracks are no easier, Most of them require top notch production and comprable to anything out there on the higher competitive levels. I just love one of the comments, "that any decent composer can crank out 10 library tracks a day." Sure, 10 non produced tracks maybe.

I also like how the composer said this is his first time using garage band, I didn't see him push a button at all to begin with, the other guy did
    www.energiestudios.com

Yeah it is kinda strange to see someone who's in charge of screening being that lenient towards production quality. I was about say it's also strange that he's making it seem like any 10 year old child with a free program can get their music on TV, but then I remembered about TAXI's signup fee . So I guess it's within his best interests to make it seem easy, and get as many people signing up as possible (more $$$ in TAXI's pockets) - and then just continue to forward music only from more established submitters.

But, on a less cynical note, I think he could also be coming from a different angle. Maybe he's really just saying that a shotgun approach is more effective in this particular situation. That is, it's better to make a library of 1000 30-sec tracks for a hundred scenarios/styles that are produced just barely at the professional level, than it is to take forever making 10 lengthy "masterpieces" and just hope and pray that some situation will call for them.
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Go Back to forum