• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Acceptance - Strad, Grofiller, Piano and strings

Share/Bookmark

Acceptance - Strad, Grofiller, Piano and strings

This piano part and theme is from a first take on a piano part which I never used at the time (getting distracted and developing the second take into a completely different song) Fortunately, I had the good sense to save the first take. I then added the Stradivari and Gofriller cello parts and some string parts and here it is. This is a lighter more upbeat piece than my usual ones.

Any comments/suggestions are always welcome on any aspect of the piece.

Hope you enjoy listening to it!

Del

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652912
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Re: Acceptance - Strad, Grofiller, Piano and strings

Well now--It's so wonderful to hit Play and have nothing but a great, enriching time listening. That sure happened with "Acceptance," Del--I love it. Excellent string work. Nice strains that are almost reminiscent, then veer into the new places where You wanted them to go.

Thank you very much.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

WOW!, very beautiful in both composing and rendering. I feel soul-shaking.

BTW, I often feel Strad timbre somewhat hard. Can we make its sound softer with EQ, reverb and so on?
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

A very moving piece, Del, in its gentle outlines and
    perfectly blended string voices -- a highly poignant
    conversation of recognition and concession to an
    inexorable... Acceptance.

I particularly enjoyed the sense of dialogue in this,
    the weaving together of the lines in a mutually
    supportive agreement. Beautifully done!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow, what a great song! The melodies, the structure, the title, it all fits together so wonderfully. Thank you for sharing this!

If I were the complaining type I would say that the strings are a bit loud and occasionally obscure the "foundational" role of the piano, but my hearing stinks so uhm... don't listen to that.

The song is great. Thanks again.
    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Beautiful! The first time I think I've heard the Stradivari and Gofriller together in same piece- they sound fabulous. Is the piano from GPO? The piano does get a little too low in the mix in some places.

Mike

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=218528&T=5445

Quite beautiful, and great use of the solo strings. My only thought was that the balance was little off - the violin was to far forward, too prominent in relation to the cello and piano. Perhaps a touch more of reverb? Ok, enough with the criticisms...

This piece reminds me of the way Mendelssohn's music was once described: sentimental, in the nicest sense of the word. Really enjoyed this!

Thanks for sharing it.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Very nice, insert any synonym for beautiful here. I like the lonely, sparse arrangement very much, made me think I was watching a Sean Penn (directed) film, which may or may not be a compliment I guess, but, of course, I mean it to be.
    I listened to some of your other pieces on Soundclick and was very impressed by them all, specifically the last bit of the "Peace Movement"..

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Well now--It's so wonderful to hit Play and have nothing but a great, enriching time listening. That sure happened with "Acceptance," Del--I love it. Excellent string work. Nice strains that are almost reminiscent, then veer into the new places where You wanted them to go.

Thank you very much.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Randy - Thanks for your comments - they sound better than the music to me - Appreciated - Del

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu Nagao-
    WOW!, very beautiful in both composing and rendering. I feel soul-shaking.

BTW, I often feel Strad timbre somewhat hard. Can we make its sound softer with EQ, reverb and so on?
    Tatsu Much thanks for listening and your comments. Yes I do find the instruments a bit harsh or hard as you say. Sometimes you want that but sometimes you don't - your comment is food for my thoughts because I listen to some soloists playing real violins and they are so round and smooth sounding. Part of it is in the use of the expression pedal[/QUOTE]
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

I'm not one for analytical interpretation of music nor intellectually complicated compositions- if I like it, I like it. This has been looping on my machine ever since I downloaded it. First playthrough brought tears to my eyes-still brings a lump to the throat.
    Thank you.
    Fred

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast