• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strad & Grofiller problems

Share/Bookmark

Strad & Grofiller problems

I purchased both the Strad & The Groffiller the moment they came out, and have had no real issues to speak of. Things have always worked as expected.

However, this happened once a week or two ago, and now it's happening every time I try to use either instrument.

When I load either, there is a huge delay from the time I hit the keys, to the time sound comes out (no... it's not latency, it's WAY beyond that). And after I play a few notes, sound starts to play upon the key release... and then notes start to get stuck on. It's beyond unplayable...

I'm using Logic 7.2.3, OS 10.4.8. Nothing has changed on my system from the last time these instruments were working properly.

I've tried removing, and then re-loading the Kontakt 2 player, re-booting the computer, trying them in different Logic songs, etc... none of that helps.

Does this sound like anything in particular? Thanks in advance...

Re: Strad & Grofiller problems

Asio drivers, are they still there....?

No... no asio drivers were ever installed on this system, to the best of my knowledge.

I just now tried to load several instruments into the Kontakt 2 sampler (not the Kontakt 2 player), and am having the exact same problems. So it appears to be a Native Instruments/Kontakt issue. But what would cause this?

EDIT- never mind... ALL instruments are doing this... even Logic's own. I thought it was the Garritan stuff, because just this morning, I programmed a little string line using G-Media's M-Tron, and it worked as it should. Then I loaded the Groffiler, and the problems started...

But it's system wide... obviously, not a Garritan issue now. But in case anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears...

Crisis averted...

I did some typical maintenance stuff to my system, but it was probably just unplugging and then plugging back in my controller keyboard that took care of it....

Feel free to delete this thread. Sorry for the false alarm...

Go Back to forum