• Register
  • Help

Topic: two different voices into one stave on Sibelius 4 using GPO or JABB - HELP ME!!

Share/Bookmark

two different voices into one stave on Sibelius 4 using GPO or JABB - HELP ME!!

Hello from Caracas, Venezuela.

I am trying to make a score with two differents voices (for instance flute and violin) into the same stave, on differens layouts....I notice that with Kontak Silver using certain tricks (by codifying in the dictionary the instruments name), each voices sounds independient, as it should be...

But, when I set up to GPO or JABB and assign the instruments by channels, on the stave that contain both instruments only one is sounding. I know that one way for fix this is to put the instruments on separate staves and assigh the corresponding voice to each one. I do not want this. I do want to have the both instruments into the same stave and get both sounds via GPO or SABB.

The same occur when I have trumpets duos on the same stave, or flute and picc....

Somebody has any suggest.....please HELP ME!!!

Thanks in advance

Andres Eloy Rodriguez

Re: two different voices into one stave on Sibelius 4 using GPO or JABB - HELP ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by androdriguez
    Hello from Caracas, Venezuela.

I am trying to make a score with two differents voices (for instance flute and violin) into the same stave, on differens layouts....I notice that with Kontak Silver using certain tricks (by codifying in the dictionary the instruments name), each voices sounds independient, as it should be...

But, when I set up to GPO or JABB and assign the instruments by channels, on the stave that contain both instruments only one is sounding. I know that one way for fix this is to put the instruments on separate staves and assigh the corresponding voice to each one. I do not want this. I do want to have the both instruments into the same stave and get both sounds via GPO or SABB.

The same occur when I have trumpets duos on the same stave, or flute and picc....

Somebody has any suggest.....please HELP ME!!!

Thanks in advance

Andres Eloy Rodriguez
    Andres,

You can't do this - each staff can only be assigned to one instrument. What I would suggest is to make two scores, one for playback, with each instrument per staff, and another which will be the real score for performance. It will only take a few moments to make this extra score. Sorry there isn't another way to do this.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Re: two different voices into one stave on Sibelius 4 using GPO or JABB - HELP ME!!

I bitterly supoused that...

This is the kind of issued that make different Finale v.s Sibelius....anyway thanks for you suggest.

Even I had though about to work the audio with Cubase, but the idea was to have the score in the way that I had in mind with the audio as I supoused should sound.

Regards

Andres Eloy

Go Back to forum