• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installing Stradivarius with GPO?

Installing Stradivarius with GPO?

Hi everyone,

I have GPO installed, and would like to install the Stradivarius violin as another GPO instrument, can I just copy the .nkx file into my GPO library folder? Or do I need to install the (Stradivarius version?) stand-alone Kontakt player and the VST (I use VSTs with Sonar) as well?

There is nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself.

Re: Installing Stradivarius with GPO?

Hi, Lee

Your second choice is the one. The Strad Isn't a GPO instrument, so you can't turn it into one--it wouldn't load in the GPO player.

But when and if you get the updated KP2 (Kontact Player 2)--that one sampler will be where you load both the Strad and GPO.

Gary Garritan in a recent post said he's asking users to hold off on doing the upgrade while issues are figured out, and a definitive How To guide is written. So--wait.

And I'm so glad he said that--When KP2 was released a few weeks ago, it was a nightmare of posts on these Forums while people struggled to figure it out.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum