• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius: How do I add instrument names in the middle of a score?

Share/Bookmark

Question Sibelius: How do I add instrument names in the middle of a score?

Hi there,

Here's the deal: I've written a score (string quartet) and Sibelius always automatically shows the instrument names at the beginning of the staves on page 1. Now, I've finished the piece, but would like to start scoring a variation on the theme. So I want to start a new page within the same Sibelius file/score that starts with these same instrument names again (as well as time signature and maybe a title, etc.). In other words start a new score within the same score/file.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or just how to add the same instrument names later in the score?

Thanks!

Re: Sibelius: How do I add instrument names in the middle of a score?

Try using "split systems."

Select the barline after which you want to insert a gap and begin a new score. Choose Layout > Break > Split System (or Layout > Divide System in some older versions of Sibelius).

Thanks cunningham. I actually used a page break. But then on the next page, how do I add the instrument names again?

As a newbie, I've tried a couple of different things, but this one looks like it will work better. Question -- when this gets sent to print the parts, do the two 'like instrument' staves print together? I have a page from a hymn tune for which I needed to do a quick transposition. I tried to then add a harmony line in a new stave below the melody stave for the appropriate instruments and had a struggle getting together.

While we're at it, how best to handle harmonics for strings?

Go Back to forum