• Register
  • Help

Topic: KP2 Update, GPO VST, and Sibelius

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy KP2 Update, GPO VST, and Sibelius

Has anyone had success interfacing the KP2 Update with Sibelius?

Additionally, are _both_ the Garritan Personal Orchestra Studio (v. 1.2) as well as the KP2 Update necessary or are they mutually exclusive?

It seems that since installing the update, the old GPO Studio won't load any of the new instruments, rendering that highly valued and trusted tool useless at the moment.

Right now, I'm in limbo since I can't load instruments into the GPO Studio anymore (which interfaces with Sibelius just fine) and can't seem to figure out how to make the update (which loads instruments just fine) interface with Sibelius.

I'm finding nothing in the documentation that's of any help with these issues.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Richard White
    http://www.whitcopress.com
    http://www.whitcopress.com/rwpaypalpdf.html
    Updated with New and Complete Recordings and Photos
    Organ, Guitar, new "Classic" Rags for piano and more
    Hear Linda Ronstadt sing Richard White on
    'A Merry Little Christmas' Elektra 62572-2

Re: KP2 Update, GPO VST, and Sibelius

You have not specified which OS you are working under, thus it is difficult to comment upon your problem. Kontact 2 only works on OSX 10.4.x, thus if you have 10.3.9, you can not run Kontact 2 -- something that NI only announced after they released the 2.1 update.

FYI, I am not satisfied with Native Instruments and how their software is supported at all and will seriously consider discontinuing usage of their software entirely, especially since I now have better alternatives.

Yes...I got a little "success"

The way for interface is via virtual MIDI cable, you can dowload Maple virtual MIDI cable. After the instalation you must set up the new values (after the instalation of the virtual cable, in you device selection of output you must to check up maple port No. 1, them on KP2 you must set on MIDI options on input maple port No. 1.

The trouble is that on my computer the sounds chashes....perhaps because the lack of RAM memory (I have 1 GB, but for this technology it seems that I will go to get more.

Regards

Andres Eloy Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnb
    You have not specified which OS you are working under, thus it is difficult to comment upon your problem. Kontact 2 only works on OSX 10.4.x, thus if you have 10.3.9, you can not run Kontact 2 -- something that NI only announced after they released the 2.1 update.

FYI, I am not satisfied with Native Instruments and how their software is supported at all and will seriously consider discontinuing usage of their software entirely, especially since I now have better alternatives.
    . . . a thoughtless omission on my part: Intel duo core iMAC, OSX 10.4.4, 2 GHz processor and 2 GB ram.

I managed to solve the problem eventually, but was unable to record my handiwork.

Then . . . a few days ago Sibelius announced an upgrade to Sibelius 5 which has the potential to solve everything. The demo is very promising.

I would, however, be _very interested_ in hearing what you have to say about this, if you have a solution, etc.

Thanks for writing.

Richard White
    http://www.whitcopress.com
    http://www.whitcopress.com/rwpaypalpdf.html
    Updated with New and Complete Recordings and Photos
    Organ, Guitar, new "Classic" Rags for piano and more
    Hear Linda Ronstadt sing Richard White on
    'A Merry Little Christmas' Elektra 62572-2

I solve the trouble of the recording by using Sound Forge.....you can record on real time from Sibelius to this program.

But...I am really dissapointed that KP2 doesn´t consider the resources tha provide GPO studio, and thus, look for improvement from...just not to have forced to use auxiliar programs for cover the lacks of KP2...

Andres Rodriguez

Go Back to forum