• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Lord's Prayer

Share/Bookmark

The Lord's Prayer

I thought the community might like to hear an arrangement I just did for a friend's group for an upcoming wedding. This is all GPO and Finale '07.

The Lord's Prayer

Enjoy

Ok, rbowser and etlux have convinced me that I need to do the work so here is a second version of the same, but mixed in Sonar 6 with ambience and panning.

Thank's David for the beautiful mix also - can I post it here also? Maybe other's can hear how reverb and panning affect a composition.

Here is my re-mix of the piece using Sonar 6:

Prayer_Mix 1
    Last edited by wrayer; 06-05-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Updated version
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: The Lord's Prayer

Hi, Bill

What a nice project for you, providing this for a wedding. They'll be pleased, I'm sure.

Is it because of the way it's to be used that you recorded it completely dry? Hearing it this way on my computer is a bit of an odd experience since it's completely devoid of ambience, as if played in an anechoic chamber.

You've certainly done a pleasant arrangement of this standard. Thanks for this--I haven't heard any version of this "Lord's Prayer" in a very long time.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Bill

Is it because of the way it's to be used that you recorded it completely dry? Hearing it this way on my computer is a bit of an odd experience since it's completely devoid of ambience, as if played in an anechoic chamber.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Yes, I just did a down and dirty mix. I really should spend more time on the ambience of the works I do. I got the call yesterday that they needed this arrangement by today. I just thought I'd share it. Maybe I'll spend a bit of time working out the mix now that it is off to the group for practice and performance.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hi--Well it's a very nice arrangement, and all you really need to do is add a small to medium sized reverb program. With this small ensemble, even running the reverb at the master, with everything having the same touch of ambience would work OK. Would take a minute to set up, and they'd have something more natural sounding to play at the wedding.

Thanks again, Bill.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Hi Bill,

An absolutely lovely arrangement of this, Bill; I'm very
    pleased you took the hint(s) to give it a little more
    love and attention -- it most certainly deserves it!

David's mix - can I post it...?
    Sure thing, Bill! Though all I did was record in from
    the playback of your .mp3 and layer on some 'verb...
    pretty much the bass-ackwards approach, for sure!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

It's just like night and day isn't it? Virtual instruments with absolutely no ambience/reverb sound so odd because it's impossible to hear Real World Acoustic instruments so totally dry, even if a soloist is sitting one foot from us in a small room--there's ALways interaction between the sound waves and the environment.

So now, Bill, if you have a way to do it, to run your original .wav file through a reverb would be even better than what David's done with the MP3. But even if you don't do that, between your two versions, THis new one is obviously what needs to be used at the wedding.

Collab in action at The Listening Room--It's great!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    So now, Bill, if you have a way to do it, to run your original .wav file through a reverb would be even better than what David's done with the MP3.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Actually, that is my mix from the original wave, I haven't posted David's yet.

Yes it certainly makes the world of difference. Thanks for the comments and support.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hey well, great! You've already fixed it up immensely on your own. Your post was confusing--sounded like the edit on your original posting included David's reverbed version.

Nice to see how quickly you made the change--Those final touches Can be time-consuming, but things like this are really simple.

I admire you for doing this for those folks getting married.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

This is a very nice arrangement of "The Lord's Prayer". This piece always hits a soft spot in the old heart.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I thought this was a very nice arrangement. I am sure that this will be a great piece for the wedding.
    -Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast