• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: RMX 2: when is it likely?

Share/Bookmark

RMX 2: when is it likely?

Hi guys - I seem to remember an announcement from Spectrasonics about work being focused on their next gen of audio apps, but I can't recall the detail of it or when we are likely to see RMX updated.

Could anyone point me to the article or let me know if there is any news from Spectrasonics?

Thanks

Re: RMX 2: when is it likely?

Nothing has been announced in terms of features or schedule.

All I can say is that we have tons of exciting stuff in the works for the future of all three current Spectrasonics instruments, plus entirely new instruments too. :-)

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Nothing has been announced in terms of features or schedule.

All I can say is that we have tons of exciting stuff in the works for the future of all three current Spectrasonics instruments, plus entirely new instruments too. :-)

spectrum
    Thanks - a kindly fellow user also forwarded the email announcement. I cannae wait. As a bass-playing Highlander with no drummer around, RMX is a source of endless delights so the anticipation of something even better is very, very keen.

I've bought Battery 3, Kontakt 2 and BFD very recently - not one of them can match RMX for creativity. RMX get's about 90% of my Cubase time.

I'd love RMX if, well, I just love RMX

Spectrump>Can you at least give us a hint about when you (with no strings attached) have something to say about new products?

...Summer namm?

...Anyway, then I really hope that Atmosphere and Trilogy gets updated before we see a RMX 2....

...Not that I don't love all thre of them

Why your at it Eric - throw in a new strings library. I am still using your Roland stuff on projects (and I have some of the priciest string libraries out there.)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Why your at it Eric - throw in a new strings library. I am still using your Roland stuff on projects (and I have some of the priciest string libraries out there.)

Rob
    Thats a true testament to a quality product...

I am currently addicted to Atmosphere and RMX...

Eric's work and those he works with is superb!
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Even years later, trilogy and all of that is still way up there in quality and playability. I can't tell you how much I am drooling for some new stuff to come out too, I know it will be amazing!
    www.energiestudios.com

Talking Re: RMX 2: when is it likely?

I seem to remember Eric talking about "fall" around Christmas time last year when everyone was hammering him on what was going to show at winter NAMM in January.......At which point they decided to forego their NAMM appearance in order to sustain an uninterupted workflow through the winter. God knows, nothing is more intrusive in the day to day workings of any company than a trade show.

I have no idea about this, but it wouldn't surprise me if they took a powder on summer NAMM too in order to accomplish the same goal.

Spectrasonics isn't exactly a company that anyone is going to forget for lack of their appearance at the trade shows. And they pretty convincingly seem to have decided against the business model of releasing new revs and new products every 6 months.

It would appear that they are secure enough in the knowledge that their next set of releases will generate the same wildfire whether they show at NAMM this summer or not.

I imagine that the next rollout will be significant, and then perhaps they will go back into their magical caves to stir the creative cauldron in their creation of the next set of magic minstrel tools that they never seem to fail to do so convincingly.

If I was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd put my chips on Christmas time +/- 30 days or so. But that's just a wild guess.....as it comes when it comes, and when it does, it will be a perfect put as usual .

In the mean time, there's plenty of material to work with. Happy trails!!!!

I'm really hoping for some kind of news/appearance at AES this fall. Any plans to attend AES this year Eric?

This wait has been driving me nuts. I have about $5K burning a hole in my pocket, but everything is waiting on UBs from Spectrasonics, can't get a new mac until then. I can't complain though, I don't think I would even have a job without the Spectrasonics Suite!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I'm really hoping for some kind of news/appearance at AES this fall. Any plans to attend AES this year Eric?
    We won't be exhibiting this year at AES, but we will be at Winter NAMM.

You'll be hearing some cool news towards the latter part of the Fall though... :-)

This wait has been driving me nuts. I have about $5K burning a hole in my pocket, but everything is waiting on UBs from Spectrasonics, can't get a new mac until then. I can't complain though, I don't think I would even have a job without the Spectrasonics Suite!
    Oh....it'll be worth the wait....you'll see... ;-)

spectrum

Go Back to forum