• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Horn's Theme

Share/Bookmark

Horn's Theme

Hello,
    This piece is one of the first I wanted to put at Forum. This is updated version.
    Two bars are changed from original version. Tune is called ' HORN'S THEME' and can be find at

http://www.glamator.com

Description:
    Simple melody, GPO instruments.
    Thank you for listening.

www.glamator.com

Re: Horn's Theme

Hello, Glamator

I remember visiting your site before and enjoying the peaceful simplicity of music posted there.

This "Horn's Theme" has the appeal of a hymn, easy on the ear and pleasantly tranquil.

Even in this tranquil mode in which you're working, perhaps some subtle touches of dynamics could make it even more interesting. Basically I mean that all the instruments seem to always play at the same dynamic level and are so very unwavering--even the solo Horn could be more expressive in its variety without spoiling the mood.

I followed in the score you have posted--When the Horn has a two count note to play followed by a two count rest, I feel the Horn's note could drop in volume before ending, or even be held for 3 counts instead of 2, and the result could perhaps be more pleasing.

The ending of this was an off moment for me--in that it ended so abruptly. A ritard in the tempo, so the final chord lingered longer would have been effective.

Thanks for coming by with this, it's certainly unique among the current posts.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Beautiful. Peaceful and tranquil well describe this piece.

I think Randy made some good suggestions. At the same time, thinking about what he suggested makes me realize that the clarity and simplicity of your writing lends itself to a tremendous array of variation and development.

Absolutely enjoyable piece, and I thank you for sharing it. I've bookmarked your site for further visits (and the other pieces posted there!).

Joe

Glamator,
    It's beautiful melody!

Thanks,

Long

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello, Glamator

I remember visiting your site before and enjoying the peaceful simplicity of music posted there.

This "Horn's Theme" has the appeal of a hymn, easy on the ear and pleasantly tranquil.

Even in this tranquil mode in which you're working, perhaps some subtle touches of dynamics could make it even more interesting. Basically I mean that all the instruments seem to always play at the same dynamic level and are so very unwavering--even the solo Horn could be more expressive in its variety without spoiling the mood.

I followed in the score you have posted--When the Horn has a two count note to play followed by a two count rest, I feel the Horn's note could drop in volume before ending, or even be held for 3 counts instead of 2, and the result could perhaps be more pleasing.

The ending of this was an off moment for me--in that it ended so abruptly. A ritard in the tempo, so the final chord lingered longer would have been effective.

Thanks for coming by with this, it's certainly unique among the current posts.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thank you for comment and interesting suggestions. I've tried to change dynamic for cello but I forgot horn. Ritard is good idea. Thank you.

Thank you jmpaquette and LHong for listening. I will make changes according suggestions very soon.

A nice melody, I like it.

Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

A very restful, peaceful, tranquil theme, Glamator;
    a gentle pastorale hymn that refreshes in its simplicity.

Much enjoyed.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thank you germancomponist and etLux. Now is available updated version.

Nicely done! - Now if you were to take all the offered suggestions put forth, this piece would really have great potential and become much more.

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast