• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 5 announced!!

Sibelius 5 announced!!

Sibelius 5 has finally arrived (http://www.sibelius.com/download/brochure/What's%20New%20in%20Sibelius%205%20(UK_RoW).pdf), and it looks as if they really listened to their costumers! Full VST/AU support... Time to upgrade from my ancient vrsion 3, I guess.

Re: Sibelius 5 announced!!

I'm really excited about the "Ideas" feature. That just fits well with how I like to work on things. I'm also really excited about the AU support and am really wondering if I'll be able to do really nice mockups directly in Sibelius. I've already pre-ordered it :-)

Red face Re: Sibelius 5 announced!!

I got Sibelius 5
    I love it, but if you have a PC and run VISTA watch out. SomethingS don't work yet for VISTA like drop down menus. It took about 10 days for the Sibelius Tech guys to get version 5 working on my brand-spanking new PC VISTA computer. Seems as though a google desktop program was running in the backgroud that would not allow me to open or save and files.
    Hey now that is works... I'm in love with it again.

Re: Sibelius 5 announced!!

I have been having a lot of problems with Sibelius 5. :-( At the moment I'm in Sweden working off my Powerbook G4 but have had similar problems in my studio in the states on my G5 just before I left.

The Ideas feature seems to cause (or at least be related to a cause) Sib. to crash. Last night I entered 4 bars of notes for a piano part. The left-hand part repeats quite often so I wanted to save the this as an Idea. I went ahead, saved the project, edited the Idea meta-data, changed the color, and edited the Idea directly...then Sib crashed. I re-opened, "restored an unsaved copy". The edits I had made to the Idea weren't reflected so I edited it again and then tried to Save the project...Crash. Again, and again. I eventually tried to save a copy and just re-open it...Crash. It's unusable a the moment. In 30 minutes I'd entered 4 bars of left-hand part and couldn't really progress. I searched Sibelius help center, tried to search the forums here but haven't seen anything similar. I sent my crash log and a copy of my project to Sibelius help but while I wait for a reply I thought I'd check with other folks. Anybody else having these kinds of issues with Sibelius on Mac OS X?

Not sure if it matters but the left-hand part was using two voices: Voice 3 and 4.

Powerbook G4 1.5 GHZ 1 Gig Ram.
    Mac OS X 10.4.10
    Sibelius 5

Go Back to forum