• Register
  • Help

Topic: Convolution fx in KP2

Convolution fx in KP2

It´s nice. But i have found that i can drag and drop files from explorer to the convolution window without problem when using KP2 standalone, but is not allowed when i have KP2 inside cakewalk. Any tip? thanks
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Convolution fx in KP2

You can save your stand-alone settings (with an IR that you dragged and
    dropped) as a Multi. Give it a unique name and put it in the User Multis folder.

Then, when you're in your sequencer, load KP2 as a VST and select your Multi
    from the User Multis tab. It will load your settings, including the IR.

I've tried this and it works fine. Of course, if you want to change the IR, you
    have to go back to the stand-alone version.

For the time being, this is better than nothing.

Thanks Klassical. I figured that solution too and it works. If you put all the convolution wav files in the same folder, there isnt problem, since you can change them with the arrow icons. But if you have several folders, that is the more logical way to organize them, you need to make another template from the standalone, is true.
    Well, since we both experimented that thing, i suppose that this is a kind of "Bug" report (for the KP2 fx, not for the GPO itself)
    Thanks the answer again,
    Marcelo Colina

Additionaly, to this report, i must add that several things cant be done when you are INSIDE a host, like cakewalk.
    1-I cant drag and drop any wave file to the convolution fx.
    2-I cant edit the names of the audio outputs inside KP2.
    3-I cant drag them to change their order.

The easy fix is to run KP2 standalone while using cakewalk, build a multi and load it inside cakewalk.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum